“Hotel mimosa experience”
Review of Hotel Delle Mimose

Hotel Delle Mimose
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Diano Marina
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Did not like this Hotel . Should not have a three star rating. Room had a musty smell and we could barely get in or out of the shower. The furniture in the bar area was hard and uncomfortable. The food quality was poor although the service was good. We would not stay there a

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GillianW692

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in October 2012 for the first and last time with Leger holidays. Room was a reasonable size but that is about the only positive.
Cleanliness well below what you would expect for a 3* hotel and the food is a joke. I think they reheat the same pork steaks every night and just cover them in a different sauce.
The staff are indifferent as to whether guest are happy or not and the young owner obviously has no idea about running a hotel or catering to guests needs.
We did have all inclusive drinks which was a bonus but most were clearly purchased from Lidl, probably the food too.
I really can't recommend this hotel at all Avoid!!

Room Tip: If you must stay try to get a room over the pool and avoid the road side
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank SheffieldWalltheway
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked my holiday with Leger paid £1000 (same as the other 39 passengers on the coach ) for 1 week in a rabbit hutch in the loft, it turns out it is pot luck as to which room you get. As this was a solo holiday the manager told me they did not have enough larger rooms for all of us, so why was i paying the same as all the other passengers????????. Had to order food you wanted for the next days evening meal like being hospital could of changed your mind by next day, if you did the staff were very rude,the older people in the group got quite upset by the way they were treated.Breakfast like being in a transport cafe tea and coffee self service from a machine. (A first for me in a hotel) The staff have use of the pool in their free time even if the guest are using it , a first for any hotel i have ever stayed in. (I have asked friends and family if they have ever had this happen not one said they had.) Save your money not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank NewportUkWendy_P
HotelDelleMimose, Owner at Hotel Delle Mimose, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am sorry you had a bad experience.
We have larger (family) rooms and smaller (double or single) rooms.
In a singles holiday, all the guests pay for the single room, but some get a larger room for no extra charge.
Please note that the actual price paid to the travel company may be very different to what is actually paid to the hotel by the travel company.
We ask to fill in the menu for the next day the evening before so that the chef can order any needed supplies on the next morning. But if you need to change your mind the next day, it is never a problem.
I am sorry to hear that staff was rude with you, I would have been glad to have immediate feedback on this at the time so that I could have confronted the staff with this situation.
As the pool area is very large, with ample sunbeds and 100 square meter pool, we thought that allowing two members of staff to use the pool area would not disturb our guests.
Regards
Christian

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Returned 15th July from Hotel Delle Mimose with Leger coach holidays. We found the hotel spotlessly clean although rooms small but adequate. The swimming pool was very clean and serviced regularly. Christian, the owner and staff were all very obliging. Good choice of food which we enjoyed very much. We will definitely be returning.

8  Thank Linda B
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just returned 15/07/2012 This hotel is CLEAN which is the best I can say. The Manager has no skills, whatsoever. Staff indifferent. Rooms tiny, lucky if you can get in the shower, smaller than a phone box, the trick is getting out again!! Food dreadful, practically inedible. If you used this kind of hotel in UK it would be shut down. I am amazed that Leger holidays continue using the place and will let them know in no uncertain way. Don't bother with a packed lunch it would never pass environmental health.

Room Tip: The best rooms face the pool, otherwise they are next to the road, well almost in the road, or overl...
2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have just returned from a Leger holiday staying 6 nights at the Delle Mimose and cannot fault the hotel. We have stayed at lots of hotels in the past and although this hotel was not as 'upmarket' as some we have stayed at, this hotel is run as a family hotel and the atmosphere was brilliant. All the staff were so helpful - they could not do enough to make our stay comfortable. One of our party had to have a special gluten-free diet - they went out of their way to help, getting in special rolls etc for our packed lunches which they provided (far too much to eat incidentally!). She even had her own menu which they left for her each day. We had fullboard, with entertainment on 3 evenings. It was hilarious - especially the unusual slant on the Bingo!! The food was plentiful, plenty of choice and lots of it. I would recommend this hotel unreservedly. A fabulous holiday all round.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rhinmas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were recommended this hotel by a Norwegian contact and booked before I read the reviews here. I wondered what I might find but I have just returned from a six night stay and am pleased to report we were delighted with our room and the helpful staff.
There were enough choices on the menu for us to find something we liked every day (recommend the fish and pasta dishes). The breakfast choice was good and if anything ran out it was replenished. I shall now try to lose the four pounds I gained!
I took my laptop so free wifi was a bonus and a computer was provided free for those who wished to make use of it. (Hotel's mouse does need opening up for a good clean though)
The hotel is in a quiet location with its own pool and our visiting grandaughter just loved the jacuzzi. I felt we got excellent value for this holiday.

3  Thank Windhover147