“Good value with relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Delle Mimose

Hotel Delle Mimose
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Diano Marina
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Good value with relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were recommended this hotel by a Norwegian contact and booked before I read the reviews here. I wondered what I might find but I have just returned from a six night stay and am pleased to report we were delighted with our room and the helpful staff.
There were enough choices on the menu for us to find something we liked every day (recommend the fish and pasta dishes). The breakfast choice was good and if anything ran out it was replenished. I shall now try to lose the four pounds I gained!
I took my laptop so free wifi was a bonus and a computer was provided free for those who wished to make use of it. (Hotel's mouse does need opening up for a good clean though)
The hotel is in a quiet location with its own pool and our visiting grandaughter just loved the jacuzzi. I felt we got excellent value for this holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Windhover147

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I booked a coach tour to Italy with Ledger, very last minute, staying at the Delle Mimose for 6 nights. After booking, and I know the wrong way around, I checked out the reviews on trip advisor. I must say I found some of the reviews to be a little unfair. The hotel is a family run business, the staff could not do enough for us and were very friendly, a special mention to Sandra the waitress, who was a star. Board was fully inclusive, the food was good and plentiful, lots of pasta and fish dishes and packed lunches for each of our trips. They also cater for all diets . Our room was a little small, but was fully equipped, beds and pillows were hard - I sleep on a memory foam - but thats not a complaint just a personal preference. Rooms were cleaned and towells changed every day. Pool excellent with lots of sunbeds and tables and chairs. Entertainment on three nights, you must experience the Bingo! Free internet access, but only in the reception area. A fab holiday and I wuold definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: 1st floor, looking over the pool is a good option, our room looked over the front, the front ground...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RootytootCardiff
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have just returned from 6 nights at this hotel. As an Italian 3 star hotel I would give it 6 out of ten. However! the food and restaurant service struggle to get 0 out of ten. WHY? do they try do English meals and hire non-interest waiters.However! I can say the rest of the staff were very good and the overall cleanliness of the hotel and pool area was excellent. Would I recommend? NO! not until they sort out their restaurant and staff.

Room Tip: Select a, top floor, twin room with a bath
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 99CEM
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here for five nights and travelled to Monaco for the Grand Prix. A very nice Hotel everything clean and spotless, towels replaced every morning [more than some of the big hotels will do these days] Staff very nice and pleasant. Our room was a bit tiny but perfect for sleeping in, the shower was a bit small [a good job I`m not a big guy]. The meals were ok but that could be because we were all inclusive, the breakfast was a bit disappointing. But don't be put off by negative comments as I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allyo25
Wakefield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed for a week on an all-inclusive holiday.
Room was clean and comfortable but slightly small.
Had to pay extra for air-conditioning and a safe key.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
Meals were good and food plentiful.
Free internet access.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Geoffs-Angels
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I found this hotel very friendly and the staff were so helpful. It was clean and tidy.
The food was very good and the desserts were to die for. I loved the different flavour icecreams expeciall the real strawberry, There is an enormous market and prices are very reasonable. Fantastic holiday

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank Helaine6
Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were with a coach party and had a lovely time in Diano Marina. Apart from the lovely weather it was the hotel that made this holiday so special for us.
The food was excellent. My wife and myself both put weight on. I myself put on half a stone over the week! There were about half a dozen or so choices for pudding alone at the evening meal. I can heartily recommend the Catalan Cream. There was plenty of choice for breakfast. The only disappointment were the packed lunches. These were very predictable by their nature comprising a piece of fruit, crisps, a large filled bap, a small cake and a bottle of water. I went for the pasta meals when I could at dinner after having read the reviews and they were lovely. However I also had shark at one meal and it was beautiful.
My wife is a vegetarian and the hotel were very flexible in meeting her needs.
The TV coverage was the best that we have come across in any of our holidays so far. Apart from the usual foreign channels there were about seven British ones including BBC1, BBC2, ITV, ITV2, ITV3. The owner was English and we found this very helpful.
All of our drinks were included in the price of the holiday and this really helped cut down the cost of the holiday as we found the prices very expensive in the town. The prices in England seemed a lot cheaper in comparison.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple