“Excellent dinner choice!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Excellent dinner choice!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had dinner at the Osteria based on recommendations on TA and were very impressed. We had the cheese plate and mixed house starter, both of which were huge and delicious. For the main course we ordered fish of the day for 2, which was rombo, a kind of flat fish so amazingly fresh, tender and juicy... Some Ligurian pigato wine to go with. Homemade desserts all looked great, so i couldn't resist and had a vanilla pudding with blueberry preserve and amaretto. My husband tried two different sweet wines, especially recommended is the sicilian one, which is absolutely 5-star!
Altho we spoke italian with the waiter, I heard staff speak other languages. The bill was over €100, but worth every cent.

1 Thank taiagirl

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Place”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We were intrigued by the fish dishes, had an excellent fish soup as entree plus great tuna as main course. Service was great, food excellent. Did not have dessert.\
Only negative point, the radio music, coming from a radio behind our backs.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great and Authentic with Friendly Service”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

After having a disasterous stay at a local hotel we stumbled across this lovely little restaurant, although sadly we only had two nights left of our stay when we came across it. The gentleman who served us who may have been the owner spoke excellent English and was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is cosy and warm and has a lovely feel. The food was simply excellent, simple, good quality food. I had veal in a crumb the first night and was overwhelmed by the portion! It was huge! The second night I had steak, which was equally large, but absolutely delicious. We had starters of cheese platters and meat platters and I also had smoked salmon in orange. These were incredible. So delicious and a joy to eat local produce. Save room for dessert as these were fantastic! I had the equivalent of a chocolate fondant cake, and it was so gooey and delicious I wish I had brought some home!! Sadly, I do not think that I will be returning to Diano Marina but I would so recommend this restaurant. Sadly I travelled by coach and was returning the following day so did not have the fish, but I do regret this now! The fish dishes being brought out looked awesome and it appeared that the locals were eating in, so this is probably all the recommendation that the restaurant needs!! Do try it!

Varese
“Honest food for a fair price in centre of Diano Marina”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Based on the former 2 reviews we choose Osteria Vico del Rame for our first culinary experience in Diano Marina. We were not disappointed, a friendly service, taking care of some special requests for the kids, honest and good food for a fair price.
We can recommend the Trofie al Pesto and Grigliata Mista di Pesce (mixed grill of fish).
The bottle of Lugana (Ca'Lejora) was a very good companion for our fishy choices.

Varde
“Perfect local cuisine and excelent service”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Nice local restaurant driven by the family. In the pedestrian zone in Diano Mariana, where it´s quiet and peacefully. Good tasting food at and wine at a reasonable value. You can either sit at the pedestrian street, in the restarant or in a little backyard. Choose the backyard! The service is nice and friendly. The menucard has a great variaty. If your are in Diano Mariana - GO THERE!