We stayed for a week in this hotel, for a ski trip. Upon arrival we were unpleasantly surprised with the welcoming at the reception, since we arrived at around 11am and we were told the room can be ready at 4pm...eventually we got it in about 2 hours, but the initial attitude of the staff was not friendly.
Pluses in this hotel:
- we liked the room, but be ware of the room you book! we had a superior triple room, which was spacious and nicely furbished, however our friends had a standard room in the old part of the hotel which does not deserve a 4 star rating, it was small and not nice, although recently renovated.
- we also liked the wellness area, the pool is large although water rather cold. They also have a small outdoor pool. I have got a massage and a beauty treatment, both were very good.
- ski equipment is delivered directly to the hotel from the rental shops they have arrangements with, same at departure, we found this very convenient
- seems to be a child friendly hotel, although our child is 10 years old and didn't try the kids club.
What we didn't like:
- quality of food is at best average, both for breakfast and dinner. There is a kids menu, but we only found out after a couple of days that you actually have to pre-order for the next day, the waiter failed to explain this. The restaurant area is large and crowded, feels a bit like a cantine.
- reception and lobby area is rather ugly, with some dated furniture, as opposed to the newer wing, which is much better
- you have to pay for various things which in most other 4* hotels come for free: wiFi 30 eur for the week, renting bothrobes, slippers, deposit for additional keys, indoor garage.
- location is not close to the ski slopes, there is a shuttle bus which takes you there for free between 8.30-10.30 and back from 2.30-5pm, however it gets crowded at peak hours and you have to wait. A public ski bus goes by in front of the hotel, you have to pay 2 eur for the day.
- there is some entertainment but we found it low quality and some shows in the theatre were loud until 11pm or so, we were hearing it in our room.
Overall, we didn't feel real customer orientation in this hotel, staff is hard working but you can feel this is not a very well managed hotel, with the customer in mind. Just a little example: we asked for the internet card and asked to put the price on the room bill. This was not ok, then we asked to have the card and we will bring the money in 5 mins, this was also not acceptable, but mostly I was annoyed by the attitude of the receptionist. We found a much better attitude and customer care in smaller hotels, which are family run. This is a quite large hotel and feels like it. All in all, it is not a terrible place, but also not one that we would return to.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Greif - TH Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.