See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2017

I arrived to this place in the mountains. It's a gorgeous and cold town. There was snow on the ground and the temperatures dropped to near 0 at night. Even though Expedia and the Hotel website advertise heat, the heaters inside would not turn on. I called to ask for it to be turned on and was told that they cannot and I can get a blanket. This is where things went from disappointing to insane. The manager instead of trying to in anyway improve the situation began lecturing me with disdain about how in her town the city council doesn't let them turn the heat on before October, no matter how cold it gets. She told me I should have researched and known before I came to her country.
I said that's not acceptable and they had advertised heat and the way she was acting was absurd. I told her we're on her honeymoon and my wife had just been sick and we need a warm place. We were lying in bed with jackets. She said "I don't care. You're in my country". I said I don't care either and they should deliver what they advertise.
Here she went totally crazy and said "Oh my God you are so rude, I'm going to call the police" and reached for the phone. I said "What crime?" and she said "You'll see. The station is right out" This was a direct threat to frame me with a crime so I had to leave the hotel the next morning. I have since been asking for a refund, but the hotel has refused to respond and Expedia keeps telling me they need their response first.
I could go a while longer, but you get the idea. This not just a terrible hotel. They're terrible people.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

A very dated and musty smelling hotel.. Rooms are basic even the upgraded one that I requested. There was a definite smell of smoking nearby our room which necessitated keeping our balcony door closed most of the time. Location is very good in that it is close to shops,restaurants and the bus station.
Dining room is nice and breakfast is very good. Wifi is terrible even in the lobby area. We have stayed in Cortina before and had no difficulties with using devices in our room but not possible at H Alaska..
Would not stay again due to this and the overall need for extensive refurbishment

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Hotel Alaska was the worst choice. They aren't cheap (about 240 Euros/night) and what you pay is not worth it at all. The hotel is old and dark, really bad feeling when you enter the place. The check in is awkward - They keep your passport for some time because they can't get the info at the time. Our room we had a bathroom that smells bad... like urine when it is dry. Toilet paper was the worst quality ever (imagine how bad to make me comment here) and the bed linens also terrible quality, the type scratches you. Breakfast is also complicated... for any hot drink like a simple black coffee you need to sign a paper and then he will bring the coffee. At the end they don't charge extra, but the process is confusing, takes time and you don't understand the need for that. Also, the Wi-Fi is really bad. The connection is poor, a lot of times down, and every time your mobile phone closes its main screen you need to reconnect and put a password again. I would never recommend it. Felt robbed. I'm sure there are better options in town with same or even better price.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julia A
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fine for a night and close to the centre of town. Rooms are very alpine and a bit tired but staff are friendly and breakfast was great. Ideally you need a car to get to the ski lift. Lots of restaurants close by

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank FionaTullett
Reviewed March 6, 2017

The hotel was in middle of all perfect location. They added a new area all upgraded but main hotel stay needs a lot of upgrades.
The food in restaurant was amazing no doubt about it. Wifi only available in Lobby of hotel and when you sign it to their wifi it is reallllyyy slow. No WIFI in rooms that really was not good for us that own businesses and need to check on emails time to time.

Room Tip: Just ask for the room in 900's new section on the first floor. otherwise the rest all older and not upgraded.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple