Not really sure about this place? Would I stay again? Probably not. Here's why....
The location is FANTASTIC, right in the heart of Cortina with all the restaurants only a few minutes away on foot! This was a family ski holiday, so the short-ish distance to the closest ski lift also welcome. Reception area nice, with a welcome fireplace and live music around the bar. They had some jewelery exhibition on the go which crowded the area and not really appropriate.
Staff: Super friendly and helpfull.
Ski locker: Facilities were shocking! Steel cabinets with zero ventilation. So, your ski's and go boots go in damp, they come out damp! After the 1st day decided to store ski's in the car (parking discussed later) and kept boots in the room, allowing them to at least air.
Parking: Arrived and was told no parking was available in the hotel - full? Was forced to park car at the main car park some 200m from the hotel. Parking at hotel charged at Euro 20.00 per day. Why? Only bonus about parking at main parking was that it was cheaper per day than the hotel. 1st hour Euro 1, every hour thereafter 50 cents. Payable from 9am to 8pm. Parking on the way to ski lift, so less distance to carry ski's.
Restaurant: Cover charge, even for guests! Euro 6 per person. Limited selection, based on "Today's Menu".
Finally, the room: I'm sure the rooms have not been redone for a VERY long time. The furniture was old and VERY well worn (I'm being kind here). The sleeper couches were OLD with a dirty feel to the covers. The carpets were OLD, the curtains were OLD. The decor, was.... you guessed it - OLD! On the up side, linen and towels crisp and clean. Room serviced every day to acceptable standard.
Just a little renovation and effort would correct all the negatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Alaska is synonymous with relaxation and worldliness, a hotel in the heart of Cortina d'Ampezzo , worthy to its location, which is one of the most renowned in the Dolomites. It is strategically situated, within a few steps of those services one should not renounce during a stay in the mountains, such as a ski and mountaineering school, an old church and the historic streets of shopping in Cortina. The gorgeous scenery of the Dolomites stretches all around as far as the eye can see. From the solarium terrace of the hotel the panorama is of indescribable, a generous witness of the majestic beauty of nature beauty. The spacious and bright rooms are warm and comfortable. A refined simplicity inspired by the characteristic alpine style, where wood is predominating and where comfort and wellness are essential factors. From the balconies of these full comfort rooms, you can enjoy moments of absolute peace by admiring the enchanting mountain peaks. Hotel Alaska's cuisine offers its best, with proposals that can satisfy even the most discerning palates. From the morning to the evening sitting at the table will be a pleasure. Mountaineering , alpine and cross country skiing, free ride, snowboard, ice Hockey, the only Italian resort among the 12 destinations of the Best of the Alps to impose itself with a wide range of activities "active profile" and "slow profile", that distinguish themselves by richness and variety, and by a series of great international events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Alaska Cortina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Home Alaska Hotel Cortina d`Ampezzo
- Hotel Alaska Cortina Italy