I strongly recommend the hotel. The room very large, comfortable and impeccably clean. It was actually a mini-appartment more than a room because besides the bedroom, there was a living room and we actually had two bathrooms, extremely clean. I read previous reviews about old furniture: the furniture isn't actually old, it's simply in the typical Ampezzo/Tyrol style, which I think is lovely.The location is enviable, it's situated in a square where there is no heavy traffic, so it was actually very quite, the only noise came from the nearby belltower, of which we had splendid view from our balcony. It's close to the main street, the Corso Italia where there are many shops and also close to the bus station. Everything was really in walking distance. The hotel restaurant, where breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner, was served was also very good, clean and the maitre and waiters extremely courteous. The reception staff were also extremely kind and willing to help. Our stay was great and we would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Alaska is synonymous with relaxation and worldliness, a hotel in the heart of Cortina d'Ampezzo , worthy to its location, which is one of the most renowned in the Dolomites. It is strategically situated, within a few steps of those services one should not renounce during a stay in the mountains, such as a ski and mountaineering school, an old church and the historic streets of shopping in Cortina. The gorgeous scenery of the Dolomites stretches all around as far as the eye can see. From the solarium terrace of the hotel the panorama is of indescribable, a generous witness of the majestic beauty of nature beauty. The spacious and bright rooms are warm and comfortable. A refined simplicity inspired by the characteristic alpine style, where wood is predominating and where comfort and wellness are essential factors. From the balconies of these full comfort rooms, you can enjoy moments of absolute peace by admiring the enchanting mountain peaks. Hotel Alaska's cuisine offers its best, with proposals that can satisfy even the most discerning palates. From the morning to the evening sitting at the table will be a pleasure. Mountaineering , alpine and cross country skiing, free ride, snowboard, ice Hockey, the only Italian resort among the 12 destinations of the Best of the Alps to impose itself with a wide range of activities "active profile" and "slow profile", that distinguish themselves by richness and variety, and by a series of great international events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Alaska Cortina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Home Alaska Hotel Cortina d`Ampezzo
- Hotel Alaska Cortina Italy