“Excellent food and hosts”
Review of Ristorante El Zoco

Ristorante El Zoco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant where you can find fine food, in a relaxed atmosphere, but with attention to every detail. The accurately selected primary products are transformed into dishes which will satisfy the most sophisticated palates. The rich wine list permits to choose the most indicated for your culinary choices. The owner, Nicolo Zardini, is always glad to suggest the right wine for every circumstance.Il Ristorante per chi ama mangiare bene, in un ambiente informale ma attento a ogni dettaglio.Le materie prime selezionate con cura danno vita a piatti che soddisfano anche i palati piu esigenti.La ricca carta dei vini permette di scegliere quello piu adatto alle pietanze. Il titolare, Nicolo Zardini, e sempre disponibile per consigliare il vino giusto in ogni occasione.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited with international friends while on a ski trip. The entire staff is really welcoming, attentive and can advise on any food/wine..in English or Italian. Food was mouthwatering, I really like "mountain" food as deer and mushroom and had a full dinner (starter, first, second, and dessert) all meat based. Try definitely the deer, either in the pasta, or as second course. Dessert looked all great but i went for the chocolate: top notch. Definitely recommended

1  Thank Lucky_Luche

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I were taking a detour thru the Dolomites in July on our way from Seefeld, Austria to Lake Garda, Italy. It was a long ride and we wanted to stop for a light lunch somewhere. We weren't looking for anything special - but we got it anyway. It just looked like a regular small restuarant on the outside and in fact I never went inside because it was a nice day so we climbed a few steps and ate up at some picnic tables on the hillside with a nice view of the mountains. Obviously we spoke English and they didn't but we communicated great and they couldn't have been nicer. But the real surprise was the food. We ate at some really nice restaurants in Garmisch, Seefeld, Lake Garda and Venice but at the end of our two week trip as we sat around our table in Salzburg remembering our various meals we were surprised that we all said that we had our favorite meal at the El Zoco. I'm kind of a meat lover but that day I had a pasta dish with zuccini flowers and it was to die for. I would go back there in a heartbeat. The food was great. The wine was good. The people were so friendly. And the atmosphere outside was wonderful.

1  Thank ElaineBogue
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I found El Zoco on the main street just north of Cortina after hiking all day in the Dolomites. Contrary to some reviewers, I found El Zoco to be no more expensive than other restaurants in Cortina (hey, it's an upscale tourist town!). The place is cozy, with a dark wood interior and nice accent lighting that would be great for a romantic meal...with musical instruments used for for a few of the wall-mounted lighting fixtures as in, how about a baritone sax with a light in the bell! This bit of quirkiness suggested to me that this restaurant might be a little bit out of the ordinary. I was not disappointed. Not being sure what I should choose from their widely varied and unique menu, I ordered a bowl of bean soup and a plate of their spaghetti. The soup was uniquely tasty in ways I can't fully describe and the spaghetti was the best I've ever eaten. An added bonus was the friendliness and competence of the foxy lady server. All in all, a fabulous, easy-going culinary experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very nice, authentic cuisine, in a cozy atmosphere. Good for a romantic dinner. Very nice wine options.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

it's not bad, it has, during the summer, a nice outdoors space. But at the same time it's not exciting: nothing really memorable, I would not come back, especially because it's not cheap considering the food. the people working here is nice and attentive, anyway. the interiors are typical from the area, lots of wood gives you a warm feeling

1  Thank EleUdinTrip