“First choice when looking for spa in Cortina”

Rosapetra Spa Resort
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Zürich, Schweiz
“First choice when looking for spa in Cortina”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel in early July as we were looking for a hotel with alpine touch and spa/wellness facilities to relax after our hiking trips. It became immediately evident that the Rosapetra has been created as a "one of a kind" hotel with modern alpine design. We have seen many hotel spa's in the Alps so far, but the Rosapetra spa is just great - one of the very best we ever experienced! The hotel pool/jacuzzi is very inviting and the sauna area very generous and nicely designed with three saunas/steam baths, special showers, water/tea bar and a superb relaxing room with wonderful mountain views towards 5 torri, Tofana etc. Just great for such a small hotel with about 30 rooms! The manager offered us one of the top suites for a special price which was it worth as the standard double rooms are - although very comfortable - quite small in size. Try to get a room with mountain/valley view as the hotel is located next to the main street to Cortina with usually quite heavy traffic. The hotel breakfast is all right but nothing extraordinary - for instance we would have liked to get freshly squeezed juices and more local products. The hotel staff are generally friendly and helpful - especially in the spa. The location of the hotel is about 5 mins by car from the centre of Cortina which was no issue for us since we could comfortably park our car free of charge in the hotel's indoor parking and hence quickly drive to Cortina for dinner. All in all, for us the first choice in the 4* segment in Cortina - perfect "hardware", very comfortable and clean in all areas. We definitely would come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connoisseur_RFF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Rosapetra is a new hotel of design excellence enjoying beautiful views of the Dolomites. Rooms are rather small, disappointingly so. We viewed 2 rooms before we accepted the offer of a third, also small, with small beds. Size aside, the rooms, consistant with the hotel itself are well appointed, and refreshingly modern. Prices in the very fine restrauant, and of the rooms themselves, are very very reasonable. The hotel, and the magnificant spa set up, were spotlessly clean. Spa and swimming pool use were included in the room rate. If you are into saunas of 3 types, ice baths, scented showers and buckets of clean cool water over your head, this is is for you. I am a surfer and never rated these.... until now. Its was fun, romantic, and relaxing.....perfecto after after a day on the Dolomites sking. The one significant draw back was the staff. Universally, from the "manager" who pranced around the restaurant looking after his mates, but not this Non Italian guest of the house, down...... the staff forgot what they are there for...to make the guests welcome. The staff do not smile and do not seem happy in their work. Absentee owner perhaps? If this review correct this, the time spent writing it will be worth while. Italy would be perfect with the efficency of the north, with the warmth of the south. So would the Rosapetra Spa Resort.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Unlike most Italian hotels, this is a great place to relax and enjoy the great services of a wonderful spa resort. Terrifice staffs and great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
roma
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent 3 nights in rosapetra. Hotel is new, they told us they opened on december 2011. It is in a quiet position, 5 minutes to City center by car, there is a bus stop just outside the hotel.
SPA is excellent we tried pool and massages.
Our room was small but comfortable, very stilish, big shower (it was the n 25, first floor).
Restaurant also was good. Price is in line with the hotel's standard (4 stars).
Perfect if you need to relax.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gicc
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stumbled upon Rosa Petra walking back from Cortina village to our hotel. From the outside it doesn't look that different from many other chalets, but once you're inside. Wow. The decor is among the best I've seen in a hotel: exposed wooden beams, concrete, coloured glass, mirrors, metal in natural shades of white, wood, taupe, grey, charcoal. So many of the hotels in Cortina are dowdy and have too much chunky dark wood. Yep, they have character but they could do with some refreshment.

The Rosa Petra opened this season.

We had a fantastic lunch - pasta and a meat dish (sorry, cant remember the detail but it was excellent). The windows around the restaurant have been architecturally considered - most tables will have spectacular views of the dolomites beyond the snow covered gardens of the hotel.

We came back another night. Had a drink in the small, squizzo bar. Another ode to interior design excellence. There was a lot going on design wise but it worked in symphony.

We had the degustation - again can't recall the detail other than it was delicious. I think the menus were in Italian so we had a stab in the dark. We don't speak Italian and I don't think the staff spoke that much English. But don't let that stop you - it's all part of the travel experience. The service was excellent. The ambiance perfect. The food delicious. But the real kicker was the price. I think the dego was about 45 euro/ maybe AU55. In Sydney I would have expected to pay at least $100 per person for what we had. This restaurant has the perfect three: excellent food, great service, wonderful ambience including spectacular views. And I was there with my husband. Doesn't get much better than that.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miriam T
Amsterdam
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our stay in Rosapetra has been nothing less than dreamy. This is as close as you get to perfection when it regards a hotel.

It's one of the prettiest hotels I've ever stayed in, where the modern approach to chalet-style has not compromised warmth or cosiness. The atmosphere is soothing and lightning is absolutely superb.

Then there's the spa that makes you think twice about going to ski. A beautiful, well equipped relaxing space with nice touches like a tea bar where you can help yourself to tea, water, apples and dried fruit.

But overall, what really makes this hotel more extraordinary than other hotels is all in the details. Those stupid small annoyances you often have in hotels are just nonexistent in Rosapetra. The blow-dryer actually blows (women will know what I'm talking about: normally hotel blow-dryers don't do anything for your hair), there are plenty of sockets so no crawling on the floor and unplugging lights in order to plug your laptop. Enough hangers in the closet (also a first I think). Rosapetra really hits the mark on every little aspect there is to be ranked on.

A negative? Well, if I really have to be very picky, I'd say that not everyone on the staff speaks English (spa and restaurant), but for me personally that was not an issue since I have enough knowledge of Italian.

I'm sure this place will be a huge hit within no-time so now it's just key to make reservations well in advance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noortje
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I flew all the way from london to stay at this beautiful hotel... in cortina, the photos on the website look amazing.. but me and my fiance, did not have such a dream exprience..
the hotel looks nice, and inviting and it is, but just as much as it looks great, its like visiting a museam, look but dont touch, which is why the photos look so nice..
They charge you for everything such as 40 euros to go to the spa... I thought that was a bit expensive, but then after having a sauna, my romantic finace had planned an amazing dinner, for which I wanted to look my best, but I was only given two towel which were all hot and sweaty from the pool and I didnt want to wash my hair with a towel smelling of chorine, nor catch a cold with using a very wet pool towel so I went to the reception and asked for a new towel. the receptionist refused, and made a huge fuss, and said I had to pay 5 euros for an extra towel.. after much haggeling I managed to get the director of the hotel on the phone, who allowed her to give me a towel .. I then went to wash my hair, only to discover there was no shampoo , conditioner or soap anywhere in the spas bathroom... very bad service for a 4 star hotel spa... so I went to reception to notfy then they had run out of soap and shampoo and could I have some by chance.. only to be told it would be ANOTHER 5 euros... for a piece of soap !! are they insane ? after 40 euros... entrance.. is this really a 4 star hotel ? or did I have to go to dinner with unwashed hair, smelling of cholrine and catch a flu to dinner with my romantic husband..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hellokitty203
AldoMelon, Direttore at Rosapetra Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear HelloKitty203,
I do not agree with you, but I want to specify that the information notice at the spa entrance reads clearly how much does the spa entrance costs and what is included in the price.
Anyway I would like to remind you that the towels given to you were 4 and not 1 and that we gave you the shampoo you asked impolitely for free.
Of course you do not stayed in our hotel but just spent a day by our wellness center, because our guests have the entrance to the wellness center included in the price, so they do NOT have to pay ANYTHING extra for the spa.
I hope you will give us the chance to let you change your mind about Rosapetra and see you and your husband soon at the Hotel.
Direttore