Stayed with my husband and another couple in early January. We opted for a one bedroom flat each, unsure of the size of the flats we thought it would be the best choice. It turns out that one bedroom flats are indeed very spacious and can easily accommodate a family with children.
We also decided to hire a car and drive from Venice airport to the resort, as we did not find the buses timetable particularly flexible and stopped a little far, if only 300/400m from Cortina palace.
The personnel offered us the option of underground parking, or outside parking in the spa car park. The latter is free, but it's first come first serve so during peak times it may be difficult to find a spot. In early January past the festive season, we did not have an issue with finding a parking space free of charge.
The personnel at the Savoia was very, very helpful from the moment we set foot in the property, and way before also with any questions I had during the reservation process.
The flats were new and modern, in pristine conditions and with all comforts you can expect:
- practical kitchenette with hobs, fridge, coffee machine, pots and pans, dishes and cutlery
- flat TV, sofa bed with parquet everywhere other than in the bathroom
- bathrooms are super clean, all in marble with fantastic showers
They also offer room service (including fresh pizza delivered by a local, very popular restaurant nearby).
Location - very practical if you are a keen skier but also want to be in the town centre.
The ski shuttle stops literally opposite the Savoia, and of course there are changing rooms on-site so you literally walk out of the premises fully geared up and grab the shuttle to the slopes.
The shuttle is free for all ski pass holders. All ski shuttles stop opposite the Savoia (to Pocol, Faloria, Tofana, Socrapes) so we never got lost.
Cleanliness - in a class of its own... the structure has been refurbished very recently, and it's kept immaculate. Rooms are carefully done daily and the housekeeping is very discrete (we never got woken up by them).
Spa - all guests of the Savoia have free access to the Spa shared with the Savoia Hotel. We found the spa really nice after a long day skiing. The personnel was also very polite and attentive.
Value - at the price we paid, this was very good value for money, can't complain. It's an upmarket accommodation so you pay for what you get, but what you get is very good.
We'll go back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoia Palace is located in Cortina d'Ampezzo town centre, only 100 m from the main central street Corso Italia, and enjoys a beautiful panoramic view on the Dolomites basin. The building is composed by 5 floors and an underground basement. In the basement find place some service rooms and a subway connects it to Hotel Savoia Palace underground floors, where parking places reserved to apartment hotel are located. The main entrance is on the ground floor and there you can also find the reception and some guest common rooms ( bar & breakfast room). At the first, second and third floor, you'll find 45 sumptuous flats all composed of kitchen-living room and bedroom area (1 or 2 bedrooms and living room with double sofa-bed). All the flats are well-finished and furnished with typical local high quality furnishings which respect the most recent construction standards. The flats have a balcony or a terrace from which you can enjoy a spectacular view on Ampezzo Dolomites chain. You can book a flat and relevant services both for short or longer periods according to your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Savoia Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoia Palace Italy