“Stay at Rifugio Lagazuoi”
Review of Rifugio Lagazuoi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Rifugio Lagazuoi
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Everything depends on what you look for. Positives: great place, outstanding views from the terrace, has a bar, private rooms. Negatives: there was no option for private showers - you could only get a shower for money downstairs with other travellers in dormitories. In website it should be more clear about latter fact. Limited food and limited English speaking staff.
Otherwise, it is a good place to try something new.

Room Tip: You should be aware of shared bathrooms in dormitories and need to pay extra. Otherwise, try private...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kvantas

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Rif. Lagazuoi (last 2 nights end of Sept13 before the Rif. closed). I would like to have stayed at least another 2 nights and hope to go back early Sept 2014 or 2015! The staff and hosts were great, my private room was very clean and comfortable, and the food/drink was great. The views and walks are what I went there for and I wasn't disappointed. The only VERY small problem was the cost of using the shared bathroom, and the variability of hot water timing/supply. However, this little negative was outweighed by all the other positives - a well run, hospitable and clean Rifugio.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The accommodations were everything and more than we expected. The rifugio is privately owned, built by Guido's father and now managed and maintained with love by Guido. Food was excellent and staff was very courteous. The location and scenery is spectacular. I would not hesitate to return and recommend this to anyone who wants to really experience the Dolomites.

Room Tip: If you want more economical, you can choose the bunk house style accommodations, otherwise for more...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent food at the top of the world. Nice rooms for a refuge and a perfect place to stay.
I stayed there the second time in 5 years during my Alta Via 1 trips and hiked up from both directions. I recommend hiking up through the Gallery.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our family was on vacation and stayed here one night in early June 2013. We were inspired by the breathtaking views starting with the ride on the cable car up the mountain and once at the top we could see snow covered mountains in all directions for miles. The staff were great and welcoming they allowed us to visit a few days before they formally opened for the season.
We enjoyed the food and drinks and sharing stories.
I would recommend a visit here.
Kevin V.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Rifugio Lagazuoi in August with my two kids (10 & 12) and husband. The dormitory was basic but comfortable, the food was fantastic and the staff warm and helpful. We absolutely loved our stay! We spent a day walking down through the tunnels and hiking back up to the Rifugio, and it was everything we hoped it would be. The views from the deck are out of this world! We saw an amazing lightening storm one night and clear star filled sky the next. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sfbabs
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Spectacular views! Stayed here aug of last yr as part of a 2 wk hiking and sightseeing trip. I previously booked 2 nights but i cancelled one night due to being jet lagged and stayed an extra night in venice instead. One of my biggest mistake ! I had to tear myself away from the views and i wanted to shot myself. We stayed in a private room with shared bath - very nice and quite comfortable. I usually im weird about shared baths but i didnt mind it here. Bathrooms were clean. The food was also great. The best thing about the place though was the view. I will return! Specially since my bf and I left our favorite Keen slippers there. I mean to get it back :))

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple