“Rifugio Lagazuoi - Fabulous”
Review of Rifugio Lagazuoi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Rifugio Lagazuoi
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The accommodations were everything and more than we expected. The rifugio is privately owned, built by Guido's father and now managed and maintained with love by Guido. Food was excellent and staff was very courteous. The location and scenery is spectacular. I would not hesitate to return and recommend this to anyone who wants to really experience the Dolomites.

Room Tip: If you want more economical, you can choose the bunk house style accommodations, otherwise for more...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Rifugio Lagazuoi

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent food at the top of the world. Nice rooms for a refuge and a perfect place to stay.
I stayed there the second time in 5 years during my Alta Via 1 trips and hiked up from both directions. I recommend hiking up through the Gallery.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our family was on vacation and stayed here one night in early June 2013. We were inspired by the breathtaking views starting with the ride on the cable car up the mountain and once at the top we could see snow covered mountains in all directions for miles. The staff were great and welcoming they allowed us to visit a few days before they formally opened for the season.
We enjoyed the food and drinks and sharing stories.
I would recommend a visit here.
Kevin V.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Rifugio Lagazuoi in August with my two kids (10 & 12) and husband. The dormitory was basic but comfortable, the food was fantastic and the staff warm and helpful. We absolutely loved our stay! We spent a day walking down through the tunnels and hiking back up to the Rifugio, and it was everything we hoped it would be. The views from the deck are out of this world! We saw an amazing lightening storm one night and clear star filled sky the next. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sfbabs
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Spectacular views! Stayed here aug of last yr as part of a 2 wk hiking and sightseeing trip. I previously booked 2 nights but i cancelled one night due to being jet lagged and stayed an extra night in venice instead. One of my biggest mistake ! I had to tear myself away from the views and i wanted to shot myself. We stayed in a private room with shared bath - very nice and quite comfortable. I usually im weird about shared baths but i didnt mind it here. Bathrooms were clean. The food was also great. The best thing about the place though was the view. I will return! Specially since my bf and I left our favorite Keen slippers there. I mean to get it back :))

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mic C
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed in this Rifigio as part of a hiking trip on the AV1. Long hard slog up to it from the snow fields below but we were well rewarded with stunning views and the most unbelievable sunset. Good food, basic dormitory and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been to this 'rifugio'/ 'Huttes'/ mountain inn on quite a few occasions over the past 30 years but never stayed overnight. We had a two bedded room on the top floor so avoided the dorms and communal washing facilities. Of course the absolutely splendid location high in the magnificent Dolomites sells the place, but the bonus was that the beds and rooms were comfortable, the food way above expectation, with a standard more expected of a good downtown restaurant and e service was friendly and very efficient. We also found the senior staff ( the boss?) very knowledgeable about the general environment and happy to discuss wider issues. Given that the lodge sits on top of an area which saw some of thhe fiercest fighting between Austrians And Italians in World War 1. The area reeks of atmosphere. All this was rendered more dramatic by a big dump of late snow the day before (in June!). We bought a head torch and were able to descend part way down the very pitch dark tunnel which starts just at the corner of the cable car station (not for the faint hearted or anyone without a head for heights). You can also hire a helmet and torch at the kiosk beside the bottom cable car station.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple