“Rude staff and very small rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Cornelio

Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Morristown, New Jersey
“Rude staff and very small rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I disagree with the high reviews on this hotel for several reasons. First, I asked the staff questions on how to get to several hiking trails including a very popular one, the Cinque Torre, they did not know. Instead of trying to find out on how to get to the Cinque Torre, they looked at me in odd and demeaning way. I asked them how to get to Passo Giau, again they did not know but received very odd looks. I asked them more questions on tourist area on how to get there. I finally gave up on asking them questions on how to get to popular tourist attractions because it was clear they were not going to look up this information or help me. Then, they showed me the my room. The room was much smaller then what was perceived on the Internet. Ok, this happens. Then, the final straw was I asked the gentlemen at the front desk how to get to restaurant my friends said was great. He said he thought it was around this one area. So, instead of finding out exactly where this restaurant was and giving me specific directions, he said go that way but failed to show me on the map and did not advise me of a turn I needed to make at the bottom of the hill. So, needless to say, I went the wrong way, and never found the restaurant. This gentlemen should have showed me on the map and should have explained to me how to get there even if this meant he had to explain two to five times. But, things happen for a reason, I met some people along my travels in trying to find the restaurant i never found who saw I was a solo woman traveler upset and helped me get a room in a friendlier hotel in the area. I went back, got my bags, and stayed at a much friendlier hotel that knew tourist areas, good restaurants, and how to get there. I had a great stay at the Victoria Park Hotel. This hotel did refund my monies.

Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Seine7
HotelCornelio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear,

thank you for your visit.
Our receptionist was born in Cortina d'Ampezzo and so he knows very well all the hiking trails including the Cinque Torri one and all the useful information about Cortina and Dolomiti more in general. Our staff is always polite and kind with all our guests and for that reason your claims are unreliable for us.

We hope to have you back soon in our Hotel to taste the "real" Hotel Cornelio

All the best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

For our trip to visit Giro d'Italia hotel Cornelio was ideal! Great location, wide range of food for breakfast, tasty dinner. The rooms are small but very comfortable. All hotel is very stylish and cozy.
The staff was so friendly and very helpful. Thanks to Danilo for warm welcoming :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HotelCornelio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear MartinaK954,

thank you so much for your kindly words! We're glad you enjoy our rooms and our food.

Hope to see you soon.

Kindly,

Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have slept twice with family and friends at Hotel Cornelio and we have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are good-sized, clean and properly heated having been there in December. I have been to the restaurant on four occasions and all the food we had was of a very high standard. The location of the Hotel is excellent and very near to the bus station and to the centre. Will definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HotelCornelio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hi NormanMalta,

thanks so much for your comment! We are glad to know that you and your family and friends enjoyed our Hotel.

We always want to serve high quality food in a kind and warm atmosphere.

Hope to see you soon again,

regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My family of 5 stayed here for 2 days in October 2012. The staff were lovely and very accommodating, adding in a trundle bed for my son. The room was clean and the beds were so comfortable. The room had a great view of the mountain and for the first time, I actually didn't mind staying in at the hotel to relax and enjoy the views. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and the food was delicious. The children loved the lasagna. My husband and I loved the jam at breakfast! I would like to thank Marcel for his valuable advice on where to go and what to see in Cortina and its surrounds. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelCornelio C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Tania_K218,

we are very pleased to hear that from you!
We are glad that you loved our "familiar" hotel and our food. Actually Lasagne are one of our strength :-)
Marcel is giving his regards to you and your family.
We are very very happy about your kindly words.

Hope to see you again,

Kindly

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Cornelio. Marcelo and the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We found the Hotel to be clean and comfortable and well located next to Cortina center and the Transportation center for Cortina. We were also impressed with the quality of the breakfast and dinner. We ate a typical meal with grilled Dobbaco cheese, grilled vegtegables, polenta and salciccia. We would not hesitate to stay again on our next visit to Cortina d'Apezzo. Gary from San Diego, CA

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Hi Gary,
thanks for your kind words. We are very glad to hear that from you.
We hope to see you here again,

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Room size is average, breakfast and the restaurant at night are excellent and the staff all most attentive. Very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Cornelio, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so much!
We hope to see you again here at Cornelio.

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

After few nights in small bivouacs and camping in the mountain, it was very nice to sleep in normal clean bed and to have a shower. :)
On the other side the receptionist was amazingly helpful with all our requests and questions about surrounding area.

However this was amazingly pleasant stay in this perfectly located Hotel in Cortina for a very good price

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your opinion about us! We hope to see you soon again.