“Classic Dolomite Atmosphere with Great Veneto Cuisine”
Review of Ra Stua

Ra Stua
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is one of my favourite stops when visiting the Dolomites. We first went 11 years ago for our honey moon and I continue to make it an annual stop. The owners are always present and very cordial, most of the food and wine is produced at the family farm in the south of the Veneto region, and the chef is outstanding. Be aware that the cuisine is cooked in traditional Veneto fashion, fresh ingredients, outstanding attention to detail, therefore it takes time to prepare.....and don't expect to order beef to be medium or well done, the chef will only prepare it the way it is meant to be eaten, rare to medium rare.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

A pleasant restaurant below the street level. The meat dishes area speciality. My husband ordered lamb chops and had six or eat. When he requested potatoes instead of polenta it was done with out hesitation. The family makes there own Cabernet wine and we were impressed. My beef tips with maroons over polenta was tasty and hearty.

1  Thank raf123fgtours
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Cortina offers a wide choice of restaurants, from the formal place in town to the rifugi on the slopes. If you opt for the former, say for a dinner with friends, Ra Stua is always a great choice. An accomplished, traditional restaurant, always busy (may foreign tourists), it offers a great menu and a great choice of wines. Professional service is always at hand; it's a very good and very safe choice.

1  Thank Lucio F
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation, promised excellent food. The restaurant itself was nice in that alpine unpretentious way and the staff were helpful to a point. I ordered the fillet steak with porcini mushrooms, by chance the couple next to me has ordered the same, just prior to me. They were unhappy that the Steak was seriously undercooked (They had asked for it rare and medium rare) it appeared raw, further the outside had not been sealed.On seeing this I asked for mine to be slightly more cooked, What I got was a Steak that was again not sealed, so they had not got the pan hot enough, but somehow they had cooked it all the way through, so it was dry like cardboard. I can only imagine that they microwaved it. The porcini mushrooms were like slime, we were not offered vegetables so we eat it with french fries alone. I know that different countries have different ideas of how to cook a steak , but I think that they all agree you seal the outside with heat and leave the inside various degrees of bloody. This was possible the worst meal I have had in a restaurant, the couple next to me agreed. I can only imagine that the chef had the night off! I thought it was impossible to get bad food in Italy, everywhere else I have eaten, especially in Cortina has been excellent. To add insult to injury, it cost 120 euros for two people.

3  Thank Mark R
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Ra Stua down behind the Regina Hotel in Cortina Italy was a fantastic place to eat. The pasta was freshly made and the wine which was local from that area was great as well. I would highly recommend going their to eat if you are looking for a place. The decor was nice. The Waiter was great and attentive and friendly. We went there a few times. It was well worth it. I would go again!!!