“Meat dishes and owners wine impressed us”
Review of Ra Stua

Ra Stua
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
“Meat dishes and owners wine impressed us”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

A pleasant restaurant below the street level. The meat dishes area speciality. My husband ordered lamb chops and had six or eat. When he requested potatoes instead of polenta it was done with out hesitation. The family makes there own Cabernet wine and we were impressed. My beef tips with maroons over polenta was tasty and hearty.

Visited July 2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
“a classic restaurant in the centre of Cortina”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Cortina offers a wide choice of restaurants, from the formal place in town to the rifugi on the slopes. If you opt for the former, say for a dinner with friends, Ra Stua is always a great choice. An accomplished, traditional restaurant, always busy (may foreign tourists), it offers a great menu and a great choice of wines. Professional service is always at hand; it's a very good and very safe choice.

• Visited February 2014
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation, promised excellent food. The restaurant itself was nice in that alpine unpretentious way and the staff were helpful to a point. I ordered the fillet steak with porcini mushrooms, by chance the couple next to me has ordered the same, just prior to me. They were unhappy that the Steak was seriously undercooked (They had asked for it rare and medium rare) it appeared raw, further the outside had not been sealed.On seeing this I asked for mine to be slightly more cooked, What I got was a Steak that was again not sealed, so they had not got the pan hot enough, but somehow they had cooked it all the way through, so it was dry like cardboard. I can only imagine that they microwaved it. The porcini mushrooms were like slime, we were not offered vegetables so we eat it with french fries alone. I know that different countries have different ideas of how to cook a steak , but I think that they all agree you seal the outside with heat and leave the inside various degrees of bloody. This was possible the worst meal I have had in a restaurant, the couple next to me agreed. I can only imagine that the chef had the night off! I thought it was impossible to get bad food in Italy, everywhere else I have eaten, especially in Cortina has been excellent. To add insult to injury, it cost 120 euros for two people.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Mark R
Naperville, Illinois
“For the dinner at night”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Ra Stua down behind the Regina Hotel in Cortina Italy was a fantastic place to eat. The pasta was freshly made and the wine which was local from that area was great as well. I would highly recommend going their to eat if you are looking for a place. The decor was nice. The Waiter was great and attentive and friendly. We went there a few times. It was well worth it. I would go again!!!

Visited July 2013
Finland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here in January 2014 while visiting Cortina on a skiing holiday. From the outside, the restaurant looked lovely and had a great atmosphere. However, the food just wasn't good. My husband ordered lamb chops medium rare but they turned out to represent all shades with half being utterly over-cooked and grey and, at the other end of the spectrum, some being completely raw. The polenta that came with it was burnt.

My tiramisu was, I imagine, an attempt at modernizing the dessert with the biscuit placed to the side of the rest of the tiramisu. The end result was a very dry biscuit that tasted of absolutely nothing (obviously, since it hadn't been soaked with the coffee and alcohol and everything else...) that I had to dunk into a bowl of very runny goo. Disgusting. My husband's creme brulee was raw and therefore not the right texture or taste.

We did tell the waiters about our concerns and they refunded 10 euros but we felt that their apology was slightly strange since the two desserts cost more than 10 euros.

Both the wine and food at Ra Stua are more expensive than in other restaurants in Cortina and the food is worse, so stay away.

Visited January 2014