“convenient location”
Review of Hotel Impero

Hotel Impero
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here after a Dolomites trek. It is convenient to the bus station and the town in general. Road can be a bit noisy. Pretty good breakfast buffet. Stayed in a double with a friend; highlight was a bathtub! Really appreciated after a week of refugios/mountain huts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hashihime
There are newer reviews for Hotel Impero

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My coming to this Hotel was very different from others- my husband bring my luggages in the morning ( very warm welcome from the sister he said ) and I arrive there in the afternoon. From the first moment Piero made me very welcome, my single room was excellent - minibar, bath and it was even not on the street side ( room 51 ) - very quiet room with a nice view to the walking street and to the mountains. I was even happily surprised for the small pillow since I can´t sleep with a big pillow-which is usually in the most of the hotels.

Breakfast was basic ( with lovely warm croissant ! ) but they got me special milk and yougurt during my stay - that was very very pleasant surprise ! Grazie mille !

Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel - only few minutes from shops and restaurants, 5 minutes from the bus station, 5- 8 minutes from the nearest cablecar. Short walking everywhere - great for hiking, shopping, relaxing or even having via ferratas/iron paths. Fast free internet connection is also a big + .

I thank you for all the staff - gentleman in the breakfast room ( sorry, don´t know his name ), sister at the reception, mother at the breakfast room - always smiling and making my every breakfast perfect ! ( I just loved her small little white dog .. ) - and my very special thank you for Piero - thank you for making my every hiking/ferrata day even more special than I felt they were.

I think all the clients can get the very special feeling of welcome at this small cosy Hotel - I can highly recommend this for all !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tarja_kihnia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Touring Europe on motorbike and arrived in Cortina with no accommodation booked. Tourist office suggested Hotel Impero based on my requirments. There was a large secure basement garage for motorbike. The double bedroom on third floor was big with large balcony to sit, relax and take in view of the Dolomites. The bathroom was large and appeared to have been refitted. All was very clean. The hotel wifi worked very well even on third floor. Breakfast was croissant, cereals, yoghurt and choice of hot drinks. However what really makes this hotel special is the service! Piero went that extra yard to make my wife and I feel welcome. Because of my experience I would certainly visit again. Thank you Piero

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The family-run Hotel Impero provides for a wonderul base for skiing the Dolomites. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the Corso Italia and Piazza Roma, making it really convenient for enjoying the town and for getting to the slopes. The Ghedinas are wonderful hosts - always welcoming and friendly and incredibly helpful. The clean, comfortable rooms have lovely balconies and the upper rooms have stunning views of the surrounding mountains. This was our sixth stay and we will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sally B
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed only one night. the place had all I needed: hot shower, fast internet and a nice bed. the man at the reception gave me many helpful tips and helped me plan the next day's trip.
breakfast was OK. to sum it up - a very good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The staff here are excellent, they speak reall good English and gave us great advice both about hikes and about where to eat. There's a bar that's open late that's very inexpensive and the breakfast has everything you need and hot food can be ordered for a nominal fee. The hotel is on the main street but the noise is shut out by the double sets of windows and the shutters. It is in a great central location with everything within a short walk. Our rooms were clean and comfortable with very large bathrooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our second stay at the family run Impero and we were welcomed back like old friends.Everyone was very friendly and helpfull and we enjoyed a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com