“While in distress, Hotel staff was wonderful!!!”
Review of Hotel San Giorgio

Hotel San Giorgio
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Civitavecchia
Edmonton, Canada
“While in distress, Hotel staff was wonderful!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I was set up in this hotel by Port Agency. While on a cruise on the Mediterranian, my husband became very ill and was picked up at the docks by ambulance. I was here for almost a week Until my husband was well enough to travel. The staff took care of me, spoke in English (as this is in Italy) helped me to phone my insurance company, send e-mails, recommend things to do and eat. They even arranged to drive me to visit my husband in the hospital and pick me up. (at a charge) which was less than by taxi. If I was out for walks much need, they took messages for me on the phone or went out of their way to find me with the telephone. The front desk staff bent over backwords to assist me any way they could. The rooms were spotless, the food amazing. The included breakfast was wonderful, better than the ships! I would go back in a minute, but under different circumstances. By the way, my husband is well.

• Stayed October 2009
MAXPIER, Marketing Manager at Hotel San Giorgio, responded to this review, November 24, 2009
Dear Mrs Cammi57,
thanks for your excellent commentary on our Hotel San Giorgio, unfortunately the circumstances of your visit were not the best.
Our staff has tried to help you with all the issues in the less stressful way and we thank you for having appreciated all our efforts.
Thanks for acknowledging our full commitment and the excellent quality of our catering services.
Madam Cammi57, we will waiting for your next cruise in the Mediterranen and
we wish you all the best for the health of your husband.
Arrivederci.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Excellent location to stay prior to Cruising. Very Close to Train Station and Cruise Port .
Room is excellent to look at the Mediterrean Sea. Staff are attentive, helpful , polite and professional. They go beyond to help you and give good instruction for shopping and light meal close to the Hotel. Food is good in Restaurant for Dinner and Breakfast. Will definitely come back prior to our next cruise. Highly recommend for travellers prior to Cruising.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
MAXPIER, Marketing Manager at Hotel San Giorgio, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
Dear CSYNg,
we really appreciate your great review!!

We are glad you had such a great experience at the Hotel San Giorgio!!

Thanks for letting readers know about our friendly staff and our Excellent “Piccadilly Restaurant” where the guests can enjoy a refined "Mediterranean Cuisine".

See you on your next pre-cruise stay in Civitavecchia and thank you for staying with us!
Penarth, Wales
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Disappointed in so many ways. They organised transfers 1 from airport LATE 2 from hotel to cruiseport LATE 3 from cruiseport to airport LATE. Friendly staff average dinner, poor breakfast with staff not clearing up or filling up. 4 out of 10

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iestyn
MAXPIER, Marketing Manager at Hotel San Giorgio, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
Dear Mr. Iestin,

we are immensely sorry for what happened, (unfortunately we cannot go back to your reservation file, to get specific information) probably the inefficiency of the transfer service ( that is a private external company) has given you a generally negative view of your stay.
Fortunately, such disservice of the transfer services are really rare, but in your case, unfortunately, it’s seems to have been the rule.
Thank you anyway for having appreciated behaviour and professionalism of our staff, and we regret that your state of mind does not allowed you to enjoy the delights of our Piccadillyv Restaurant.
Concerning the Breakfast service , we admit that in the month of August we we had some difficulties, conscious of this we have changed the staff and improved the quality of our Buffet Breakfast.
We hope we wiil have a new opportunity to change your mind about our services.
Thank you for your review.
We wish you all the best.
Kentucky
Reviewed October 21, 2009

When you first arrive at San Giorgio you will be very impressed by a beautiful building, an elegant lobby and an attractive front desk staff. Many hotels stop at that, but San Giorgio is so much more.

The rooms were bright and cheery, clean, spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was served in a quaint breakfast room and consisted of fresh pastries, fruit, Italian meats, eggs, cereal, toast, juice, espresso, etc. On our last night at the hotel my mother and I had an absolutely fabulous meal in the hotel’s restaurant, which I would highly recommend to any guest. The food and service were excellent.

The staff at the hotel were absolutely amazing. They went out of their way several times to make sure we had a good stay. My first stay at this hotel was with my mother for one night before our cruise. The hotel arranged transportation from the airport to the hotel and then the following day to the cruise port. The hotel even guaranteed an early check-in for us because we had been traveling for about 30 hours and we knew we would be exhausted by the time we reached the hotel.

AFTER our cruise we had reservations at a hotel in Rome with transportation from the port but long story short, the transportation from the hotel in Rome never showed up and when I called the hotel in Rome they were very rude although it was their mistake. SO I canceled our plans with the Roman hotel and called San Giorgio. They immediately sent transportation to the cruise port for us and upon arrival at the hotel, allowed us to rest/eat in the breakfast room and then gave us a gorgeous room with a sea view. If they hadn’t have “rescued” us we may still be in that parking lot waiting for our Rome hotel transportation! We stayed at San Giorgio for four nights after our cruise.

Civitavecchia is a gem of a town and should be explored. We are planning on returning to San Giorgio next year to stay for a week or more.

• Stayed October 2009
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your magnificent review concerning the location and services of the Hotel San Giorgio.
We are really pleased that you had such a wonderful experience with us.
As usual we tried to do our best, and it’s a joy to know that we have reached the goal with you and your Mother.
Thank you again to have chosen the Hotel San Giorgio twice in the past and now we look forward to welcome you next year.
We have really appreciated your feed back and we wish you all the best.

The Hotel San Giorgio Staff
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I read the reviews of the hotels in the area and chose the San Giorgio and was glad we did. It was a wonderful location. The rooms were large and clean. The view spectacular and the staff very helpful. There is a nice lobby, air conditioned to cool off in the Italian heat and a nice bar for a cool one.
There is a very good wine cellar where you are able to purchase a few bottles of wine to take aboard the ship if you were unable to find a local Enoteca or wine shop.
The restaurant is excellent and the prices reasonable (the night we were there it was 21 euros for a 4 course meal).
The Hotel is within walking distance to the Port entrance (15 minutes, depending your fitness level) where you can get a free shuttle bus to the ship. The wait for the bus are sometimes 30 minutes. The street is rough though so the wheels on the suitcase will take a serious beating. You can have transportation arranged to take you right to the ship from the hotel but you pay a small surcharge if you pay the hotel. Same surcharge if you want them to pick you up at the airport. (they were 20 Euros higher than most others for this). Also, there is a charge for internet in your room but there is a computer in the lobby you can use for free.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pete_Coach
MAXPIER, MARKETING MANAGER at Hotel San Giorgio, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
We thank you and all those who have left a review regarding the Hotel San Giorgio of Civitavecchia.
We are happy that your expectations have been fulfilled or even more!
Thank you for all the wonderful words you have spent to describe our hotel, the location, the rooms and all our services, especially our wine cellar and the Piccadilly Restaurant.
Grazie!
We wish you all the Best
Athens
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I had been on a business trip in Civitavecchia along with one of my colleagues.This hotel was recommended by our local associates and what I have to say is that it is the best choice in the area. I stayed on the second floor, in a single room with sea side view.Nice, clean room, spacious bathroom and a really comfortable double bed.I was amazed by the friendly personnel. Don't forget to try the local cuisine in the in-house restaurant..it's really worth it...The only black spot was their breakfast....poor variety of buffet menu

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Spain
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an excellent 4 star with great service, very freindly and professional staff and on top of that an excellent restuarant which offers top quality Italian cusine at very good value for money.
We had a sea view deluxe room with AC which was blessing in August, as I was travelling with my elderly Mum and the staff could not have been more welcoming,, helpful and freindly. The hotel is a family run hotel and they go out of their way to ensure your every need is catered for, all you have to do is ask. The rooms were very clean, modern and well maintained. Its location is ideal as a precruise hotel and it is only a short distance from the cruise terminal, however, I would highly reccomend their transfer service which, for only 23 Euros, takes away all the hassle of having to drag your luggage to the Port entrance in blisterring heat, as they take you straight to the ship, we travelled on the Noordam, excellent too!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family