See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at Villa Susanna prior to a cruise and it was everything we were looking for.
The room/facilities were clean and whilst simple, breakfast hit the spot.

We did consider staying in Rome for the night but the cost of hotels and transfers (not to mention travelling time) just didn't make sense. Staying in Civitavecchia allowed us to sleep in and start our cruise without the stress/cost of travelling in and out of Rome.

In addition to making Taxi arrangements, the owners were there to greet us on arrival and show us to our room.

It may not be a 5 star hotel but the service is friendly, rooms clean and the location is PERFECT for joining a cruise at exceptional value.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dnighti2
Reviewed September 22, 2012

From Australia we spent considerable time planning an 8 week holiday through the Uk and Italy. All accommodation confirmed. While travelling Internet has not always been possible but luckily I was able to check my email today. I am shocked that Villa Susanna cancelled on us with only a few days notice. What would have happened if I hadn't received my mail in time? Would we be without a bed in a foreign city? Avoid this B&B. Untrustworthy.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I got slightly lost getting to the B&B from the train station despite the good map and details sent from the owners in advance - my fault really!

Was greeted by the owner who was very helpful and showed me the simple B&B and advised on where to eat in Civitavecchia,

The room was simple but clean and the bathroom (for my room) was in a different room across the hallway. The water pressure was very low in the shower! But it was hot in the room in summer and there is no air-conditioning, just a fan. I still managed to sleep OK though.

There is a simple breakfast left out to help yourself and just leave the key in the room
There is free wifi in the B&B and the town is quite pretty at night with lots of lovely trattorias and restaurants dotted along the waterfront.

In the morning the cruise ship terminal is about a 10 min walk away and easy to find. Would stay here again if for one night pre-cruise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mrrfrost
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The place was harder to fine than we expected because there is not much street names...

The place itself is clean but very basic. What we liked was the fact that we could use the fridge and that there was a little outdoor\indoor terrace. There was WIFI and water distributor for free.

The room that we had booked was 2 single beds with private bathroom... One would expect that the bathroom would be in the room !!!! but it was across the hall so you had to use a key...just imagine in the night: unlock you room door, unlock the bathroom door, lock the bathroom door, unlock the bathroom door, back to your room, lock the door... :(

We had no A\C but a fan... and it was mentioned that it was "climatisé"

We were greeted by the owner Luigi that explain everything and then we never saw him again....not even in the morning... The breakfast consist in toast, coffee, juice, jams and cake.

So all in all, not expensive, not far once you find it and ok for one night !!!

Room Tip: Ok prior too departure on a cruise but don't expect too much. Very good for youth !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aviateure
Reviewed July 7, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com