See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I got slightly lost getting to the B&B from the train station despite the good map and details sent from the owners in advance - my fault really!

Was greeted by the owner who was very helpful and showed me the simple B&B and advised on where to eat in Civitavecchia,

The room was simple but clean and the bathroom (for my room) was in a different room across the hallway. The water pressure was very low in the shower! But it was hot in the room in summer and there is no air-conditioning, just a fan. I still managed to sleep OK though.

There is a simple breakfast left out to help yourself and just leave the key in the room
There is free wifi in the B&B and the town is quite pretty at night with lots of lovely trattorias and restaurants dotted along the waterfront.

In the morning the cruise ship terminal is about a 10 min walk away and easy to find. Would stay here again if for one night pre-cruise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mrrfrost
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The place was harder to fine than we expected because there is not much street names...

The place itself is clean but very basic. What we liked was the fact that we could use the fridge and that there was a little outdoor\indoor terrace. There was WIFI and water distributor for free.

The room that we had booked was 2 single beds with private bathroom... One would expect that the bathroom would be in the room !!!! but it was across the hall so you had to use a key...just imagine in the night: unlock you room door, unlock the bathroom door, lock the bathroom door, unlock the bathroom door, back to your room, lock the door... :(

We had no A\C but a fan... and it was mentioned that it was "climatisé"

We were greeted by the owner Luigi that explain everything and then we never saw him again....not even in the morning... The breakfast consist in toast, coffee, juice, jams and cake.

So all in all, not expensive, not far once you find it and ok for one night !!!

Room Tip: Ok prior too departure on a cruise but don't expect too much. Very good for youth !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aviateure
Reviewed July 7, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Villa susanna came as a breath of fresh air coming from a rather cramped hotel in paris as the room size was very reasonable and the price was the best part. The room was clean and the gentleman who welcomed us in and set us up with our room was extremly helpful giving us a map and letting us know good places to eat as well as the route to the port. The location was really great as it was only about a 10 minute walk from the port and it's all downhill so carrying luggage isn't much of a problem.

If you are coming in on the train the cab drivers will charge 10 euro to come here when it's only a 5-10 minute walk (a bit uphill) through a walkway built under all the train tracks. I personally suggest mapping it out before the trip to save a little extra cash if you are interested. I would definatly suggest this villa to stay at to anyone who is catching a cruise there as it really is prime location for a minimal cost.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Villa Susanna the night before our cruise. We received a warm welcome from Liuge along with good advice as to where to get a good dinner, find an ATM, and how to get to the port the next morning. The hotel is spotless and the room was very nice. It was very quite, too. The train station was very close. The port entrance was a bit further, it takes only about 10 minutes to walk there and it's a gentle slope downwards to the port. Best memories of this hotel are the warm welcome, the cleanliness, and the quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms that I saw all looked nice, I'll take any room on my next visit there.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple