“Fantastic Value”

Can't Be Missed Tours
Ranked #2 of 31 Tours in Civitavecchia
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed especially for cruise ship patrons, CBM or Can’t Be Missed Tours, LLC offers budget-priced day tours from the main ports of Italy to some of the most spectacular places on the Mediterranean. See the sites of Ancient Rome and the Vatican. Journey along the renowned Amalfi Coast and walk back in time through the ruins of Pompeii. Your licensed English speaking guide accompanies you beginning to end, guaranteeing On Time return to your ship. Check us out for other destination possibilities and private tours as well. We are a family-owned business that wishes to give families in particular a memorable one-day experience of Italy. CBM Tours is honored to be recommended by Rick Steves.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just back from a weeks cruise in the med on the RCC Liberty of the seas,having trawled through the pages and pages of RCC tours my head was buzzing at the volume of tours and some of the prices !!!! then on the cruise critic forum somebody mentioned CBM and I looked them up, best decision I made this trip !! went to Rome on 26/09 and Pompeii & Amalfi coast on 27/09 . Rome was a total adventure using public transport and short cuts through the streets of Rome to get about our guide was a font of information Peter (Petro) I think, im terrible at remembering names clearly loves the city and giving the tourists his insight and passion for the city you could almost be back in ancient Rome, lunch at a family restaurant 2 courses and bottled water 33 euros for 2 , the girls who met us at Civitavecchia were great as well making sure everybody knew exactly what was happinging and where to go and bringing us back at night, only thing I would say about this tour is if you have any problems with joints or your feet be prepared you are on your feet for over 8hours !! by the time I got back to the ship I was shattered,happy but shattered and in bed before 10pm !! lol . The next day we docked at Naples and it was time for our second CBM tour to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast, this time on a modern air conditioned coach again our guide was excellent and for the life of me I cant remember his name !! (sorry) an older Italian gentleman who again seemed to enjoy his work and the interaction with the group telling us all to allways keep your smile, we stopped at a small wood work factory near Positano for a photo opportunity and a look at the beautiful furniture and art they make there ,after that another photo stop just outside Positano then to Sorrento for lunch 28euros for Pizza or pasta ice cream and a bottle of white wine and bottled water for 2 , then about 45min to wander around Sorrento and browse the shope and take in the views, after that off to Pompeii for a very good guided tour that lasted almost 2hours after that back to the coach and the drive back to Naples, fantastic 2 days of tours and I would recommend CBM to anybody value for money and great staff.

cbmTours, Manager at Can't Be Missed Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for all the praise! We're always happy to hear from our guests, particularly those who choose to join us on both tours. You're certainly right that you have to be prepared to be on your feet a lot in Rome, but as you now well know, the tour out of Naples the next day gives you plenty of time to relax in comfort. :) Thanks again for joining us, and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Took both of the Can't Be Missed Tours: From Civitavecchia to Rome and the Vatican and the Naples to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. My wife and I loved this tour company! They were head and shoulders above the competition (took two other tours in other areas). Well worth the money! Hope to see them in more areas soon. They were very professional.

Monte and Dera

Dear Monte and Dera,

Thanks for the praise! I'm sincerely honored that of all the different companies you patronized during your cruise, CBM stands out as your favorite. Please look us up the next time you find yourself in Italy, and perhaps we can put together a private tour of sights you didn't see the last time!

Happy Holidays,

Petro

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were on the Royal Princess last summer and docked in Rome for the day. The ship's excursions were cost prohibitive for our family of five. I thought we would just have to take the train into Rome and explore on our own. But then I foudn this company in Rick's Steve's travel guide, and it made a day tour in Rome affordable for our family. It was awesome. This tour is not for anyone with mobility issues as I think we walked about 4-5 miles (or at least it felt that way.) But my kids (teens) kept up just fine. There was a little girl in our group who could not have been more than 5 or 6 years old and she did great as well. So this tour is totally doable with kids---if they enjoy historic sites. Our guide, was phenonmenal. Unfortunately, I cannot remember her name. But she did a great job of keep our group of about 20 together, and so fun. It was crazy crowded at the Vatican but she got us all through it and even mangaged to tell us interesting stories along the way. In short, we saw so much more than we ever could have on our own. We also did a tour with Can't be Missed in Naples and saw Pompei and Sorrento---fabulous day and it was a bus tour that did not require as much walking. If you are looking for an affordable way to see Rome and Naples, this is a great tour.

Hello! Thanks for joining us, and for taking the time to leave us some feedback! I'm glad to hear we gave your family such a memorable experience. We definitely enjoy having kids in our groups, as they tend to be the ones who ask the best questions. :) One small note: while you're right, our Rome tour DOES cover a lot of ground, we're still happy to accommodate guests with mobility issues. We usually just bring in a second guide who can move at their pace. Once again, thanks for the praise! Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Best,

Petro

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Think you can't see Rome in a day (including the Vatican) without collapsing, think again.

We signed up with CBM in advance for a cruise that stopped at Civitavecchia and were not disappointed. Petro (Peter) and an associate met us at the train station and off we went using public transport in a small group. When we arrived in Rome, his experienced guide of 13 years, Valentina (Valeri) provided a fantastic and almost effortless tour of the main attractions of Rome utilizing buses to save us some walking steps in the heat which were timed perfectly to providing detailed explanations of what we are seeing and answering questions as required. In all honesty, by the end we were exhausted ... but Valentina created a fun and enjoyable atmosphere for the tour group.

In our smaller tour group of the Vatican at the end of the Rome tour that some of the group optioned for ... we were able to speedily move along and bypass long queues as Valentina knew all the short cuts and as a seasoned veteran of the sights, was acquainted with other staff and we were able to move about swiftly, but without rushing the sights themselves.

Petro met us at another train station to head back again to Civitavecchia, again with perfect timing for the next train. We said our goodbyes to our Rome guide, Valentina knowing we would need to some back some day as within one loaded, but enjoyable day ... we fell in love with Rome.

Well done CBM ... we would not hesitate to recommend your company to friends and others.

1  Thank Canadiantraveller027
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I took this tour with Peter & his guides and thoroughly enjoyed it. The guide for the Pompeii "city"tour was very funny & informative and didn't leave anything out....it was totally amazing. This tour was by far 300% better than the tour of Florence offered by our ship and much cheaper...so we got much more value for our money. We'd highly recommend it!!

cbmTours, Manager at Can't Be Missed Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your tour! I'm very happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed yourselves. I'm glad that you mentioned your guide to the ruins of Pompeii, as we're very proud of the fact that we only employ actual archeologists in that part of our tour. Thanks again for joining us!