All reviewstrain stationno safe in the roomlovely buildingthe location is perfectyogurtcruise portrestaurants within walking distancebreakfast was includedlarge terraceoverlooking the seaembarkation pointfew minutes walkpre cruise hotelwould stay againshipromecab
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Our room's Air conditioning did not work, no bell staff, restaurant not open to public (only sailors), rude staff. Bathrooms in dire need of remodeling. Rooms in poor repair. Nearest decent restaurant 2 blocks away. Zero stars!

4  Thank Mike L
Reviewed May 7, 2018

This hotel cheated me of €1150 by first offerng rooms at €70 per night, then, at check out, charging €185 per night. With a taxi and flight pending, I had no time to resolve the dispute. Despite numerous letter to the hotel, its head office, and its “legal team”, I have not had the courtesy of a reply, never mind a refund. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS HOTEL. Rooms are tired, lacking modern electrics, no in-room safe, limited bathroom supples, etc. Two rooms have huge balconies, of which one overlooks the adjacent a/c system . . only one has a nice view. Breakfast staff pleasant if you speak Italian or French. Front desk staff generally okay, except for the lying, bullying woman I had the misfortune to meet. Location is good, but there are better hotels . . . GO ELSEWHERE !

Room Tip: Noisy at the front on the weekends. All rooms outdated, musty, and lacking modern conveniences.
Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank Madeleine C
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

We arrived exhausted at 11am after an overnight flight. I started to say I was checking in (I was going to ask for info on an early check in) and I was rudely cut off at first word by the woman who worked at the front desk. She pointed to a sign and said “it is impossible” (the sign she indicated actually listed the early check in options). I asked if she could store our 2 suitcases and she abruptly dismissed me by saying there was no room (I had previously witnessed her taking 2 others into storage). We waited 3 hours in a lounge for checkin ...and note the hotel was NOT busy, in fact it seemed very empty, where we were given a rear facing room. Nothing in the room worked (hair dryer, air conditioner, plugs to charge, wifi, towel rack, bathroom fan, etc). The breakfast had a warmer that was meant for food but it was empty. Otherwise there was warm water to drink, cold bread and meat and stale cereal. On check out I was sure to go and pay my €2/person city tax as I had previously witnessed the front desk matron berating a sweet elderly couple for not knowing they needed to pay. She rudely looked at me and asked me “what else” when I handed in my key and I asked about the tax. She seemed flustered. So I’m not sure what the status of that tax is. And we witnessed two younger staff mocking some elderly women who asked for directions. There is nothing good about this place. STAY AWAY. The other hotel that’s Roses owns looks even worse. Save your money and give someone else you business. Our cruise travel agent suggested other hotels but we wanted to stay here because it is close to the port but it’s not worth it. Stay elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
7  Thank Lo L
Reviewed April 28, 2018

We stayed here years ago and liked it but we are here now and it has gotten very bad. The breakfast was a hard bottled cold egg and a roll. The free WiFi was always down. The front desk was rude. The warm in room hot kettle did not work. The room was stuffy and hot but if you opened the windows it was too noisy to sleep. They rate it 4 star but there is no restaurant or bar. Worse hotel ever. They have a machine in the lobby for soft drinks and call it a bar. They have a sign in your bathroom that says the towels are encrypted with microchips in case you want to steal them and they are not even nice towels, I tried to put on pictures of the breakfast buffet but the iPad did not work. I will wait to get home to put the photos on. Right now we are still in the Hotel De Ville which we will never book again.

5  Thank pconne6
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay overnight at Hotel de la Ville. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Most spoke English which was great for us.
I would recommend this Hotel or similar for an overnight stay prior to departing your Cruise.
We were having our Rome adventure at the end so decided to head straight to the Port from the Airport.
The room was very spacious. It could do with a paint touch up but nice enough. I’m just a fuss pot. The bed was firm but comfortable. The bed linen was clean and fresh and white. They had free wifi. The brekky was very nice as well. We had a lovely view of the sea from our enormous balcony.

1  Thank Joanne R