“Wonderful Quick Tour of Rome!”
Review of Civitatours

Civitatours
Ranked #6 of 31 Tours in Civitavecchia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked this tour with Ursula and I must say that my sisters and I had a GREAT day in Rome with our tour guide Marco. He was gracious, knowledgeable, and very friendly. The price of the semi-private tour was a steal! For four of us it was 260 euro for the whole day! We were picked up from the cruise port on time, and given a cell phone by Marco just in case we got lost, separated, or wanted to be picked up early or later. How AWESOME was that? We were first driven to the Colosseum where we spent and hour and 45 minutes. Then a quick stop at the Pantheon, over to the Trevi Fountain, and finally to The Holy See where we spent 2.5 hours (I think), ending with a stop that was "Marco's Surprise," a cliff-side view of the whole of Rome! It was breathtaking!! We bought our "skip the line" tickets for the Colosseum there, booked our Vatican tickets online and skipped the line there as well (paid in cash at the booth). The sum total per person was $167 dollars which was a GREAT price for a GREAT day in Rome. We did not feel rushed and the highlight for me was the most delectable Nutella and almond crepe I purchased from a little creperie across the street from the Vatican. I still dream of it.

1  Thank JazzAbelle01
"excellent value"
"highlight of our trip"
"great company"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"coach"
"euros"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stopped here whilst on a cruise. Instead of doing an organised excursion to Rome, we thought we would just look at the local culture in Civitavecchia instead. Much to our delight, there was a lovely pebble beach a stones throw away from the main high street. It was also very close to a local market. I am very glad that we stopped here as otherwise, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to visit this tranquil port.

10  Thank Sophie1988_06
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Please. Let me first state things happen..buses breakdown!! To make a long story short two weeks ago a few minutes out of Civitacchia it was apparent to all the bus was broken, pulled into truck stop the rep on board told us we would have a new bus in 5-10 minutes, 20 minutes later we where back on board same bus, fixed he said.. A few minutes later bus pulled over driver and rep ran off quickly, leaving us all on the bus. A fellow passenger yelled get off the bus it is on fire in the back!!!Yes the driver was using the extinguisher and the rep was in a field behind the bus on his cell phone. Gratefully we all got off and then waited 2 1/2/ hours for another bus, the rep only when approached he kept very far away would say 20 minutes!! Never offered us water or cold drinks which they had for sale on the bus!! We obviously bought!! We then went on to Rome missing most of the itinerrary , understandbly!, and ridiculously rushed thru the Sistine chapel !! at the trevi fountain of course wall to wal people, guide announces 20 minutes eat lunch , find a rest room take pictures!! SURE NO PROB!! We where an amiable group on vacation mode, same ship and we where easy going!! When we finally got back to the city, and then had to get the shuttle back to port, a new rep came on board she said sorry for the delay! Well everyone said and, she appeared to know very little and just said sorry I will call my company , we all had to get the shuttle
I expected upon my return back home, and email at the very least and a refund. I purchased thru Smart Cruise tours, they sent me a one line response, they would adive the company and give them my info and to contact Civitatours, I have daily no response!!!!!!

4  Thank summers