“Three cities, first-class service”

Private Tour in Italy by Domenico Iaccarino
Ranked #2 of 31 Tours in Civitavecchia
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tour in Italy offers you a wide range of Services. Specialized in Shore Excursions from Rome,Naples,Livorno port; Day tour in RomeWe also provide private transfers and great tours from your hotel. English speaking local drivers and Mercedes minivans are the key of our success.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked online with Domenico and his family for three full-day tours. I found the company by chance because I was looking for a company that would cater to our interests and my husband's difficulty walking. From the start, I was impressed with the detailed emails that Raffaele sent me, and the tours lived up to his descriptions and our expectations. The cars were comfortable and air-conditioned, an essential since the temperature each day in each city ranged from 95 to 100 degrees. The rates were very competitive. On the first day, we saw the Amalfi coast and Pompeii; on the second, Rome; and on the third, Florence. We had a different member of the family as a guide each day. Each day was special and tailored to our needs.

1  Thank mintzis
"return email"
"small bakery"
"jewish area"

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just finished a day's tour of Rome with Dominico and it was fantastic. Our group consisted of eight people including 4 adults three older teens and an 11 year old. Dominico got a total of 16 thumbs up for his tour today (yes, that's all of them).

The short but sweet summary is having Dominico as your driver is like having a big brother who knows italy taking you around. He is a magician at parting crowds and traffic - more than once he arranged to get us to the front of the queue at crowded sites. We saw more of Rome in the one day we had than it would be possible to see in three days with a tour bus. He included some custom sites at our request and made sure we had time for a relaxing lunch and of course a gelato stop.

Although he is not a certified guide, he gave us a broad, not deep overview of the city and its history which was just right for our small group.

We would not hesitate to recommend him and plan to go with his partner Rafaelle from Naples in two short days.

1  Thank Larry T
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family of 4 took a 7 day Mediterranean cruise in July 2013. Instead of a tour offered by the cruise line in the port of Naples, we decided to create our own. Our driver, Domenico, met us at the port. He was well-dressed, spoke good English and drove a very comfortable SUV-type vehicle. We had an outline of what we wanted to see, and he provided a fun and informative tour that went beyond our expectations. In addition to seeing some beautiful scenery along the Almalfi coast, including Positano and Sorento, we were able to spend some time with relatives in a nearby city, something we would not have been able to do with a ship-offered tour. He even offered to translate for us during that visit. We had never taken a private tour and were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We highly recommend this company and are very happy that we found them on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We took a med cruise that has a port of call in Civitavecchia. I didn't like the port tours offered by the cruise ship and after looking around, we found the Private Tour in Italy by Domenico Laccarino.

We booked it online and communicated well with Lella and Raffaele. They both made me comfortable with our decision with this tour.

At the time of our meeting, Domenico was waiting for us. Right on time.

We had booked a tour for just 3 people but he came with a minivan. So we could have taken some of our friends we met at the cruise with us too.

In 3 hours (that's all the time that we had), Domenico was able to show up everything we wanted to see plus more.. I had told them during the planning stage that because we only have 3 hours, we really just want to see the Colloseum, Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, and Trevi Fountain.. even then, I wasn't sure if we can see everything. Boy, was I wrong.. Domenico speed us to the various sites, dropping us right next to the place we want to see. We didn't spend too much time at each location, as we know we have very limited time, but Domenico works with us. In addition to those, we also got to see the Palatine Hills, The Hole in Rome, St. Peter in Chain, and a few others. At the Colloseum, he took us straight in and we don't have to wait in the long lines.

Domenico is also very friendly and knowledgeable. He interacted well with our 7 years old daughter while sharing lots of historical info about Rome. He also talked about his family. At the end, we felt like he was family.

Bottom line, this is the best private tour we have been on. I have also made plans to come back to Rome and when we finalize the plan, I will be contacting Domenico for the tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I visited Italy for the first time in July 2013. We saw the great recommendations on Trip Advisor for Domenico’s Private Tour in Italy company and signed up for three days of tours – Naples/Pisa, Rome, and Amalfi Coast/Pompeii. This was clearly the highlight of our vacation! We had the pleasure of being driven by Julianno the first day and Domenico himself the next two. Everything about this organization is first class. My family and I felt like true VIPs during our tours. In addition to their expert driving and local knowledge, we were set up with private tours by true experts of the Vatican and Pompeii. We were able to see and understand so much than if we tried to do this on our own or with a big tour company. Dom and Julianno provided us the ability to see and do things on our schedule, without the “hurry up and wait” feeling of large tours. These guys are fantastic conversationalists and spending three days with them was quite simply a lot of fun! I truly feel like my family has new friends in Italy that we can call anytime.

Ciao,