““The Memories will last a Lifetime!!””

Private Tour in Italy by Domenico Iaccarino
Ranked #4 of 27 Tours in Civitavecchia
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tour in Italy offers you a wide range of Services. Specialized in Shore Excursions from Rome,Naples,Livorno port; Day tour in RomeWe also provide private transfers and great tours from your hotel. English speaking local drivers and Mercedes minivans are the key of our success.
Toronto
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
““The Memories will last a Lifetime!!””
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Where do I begin……We recently returned from a 12 day Mediterranean cruise. My wife and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and our niece and her husband were celebrating their 25th. Needless to say this was a special cruise.

I didn’t want the cruise excursions as I wanted it to be more informal and basically customize our own day. The three ports that I wanted a private tour for were Livorno, Naples & Rome.

About a month before the cruise I started researching private tour Companies in Italy. Let me tell you there are plenty! I started by searching Cruise Critic and in reading one of the posts came across the Company “Private tour in Italy”. The review sounded excellent so I did further research and found a link to trip advisor. The reviews on trip advisor were also excellent. One review offered further information on request so I contacted the reviewer and she had glowing praise for them.

I sent off an inquiry e-mail to Domenico, the owner of Private Tour in Italy and within hours received a response. We traded numerous e-mails over the next couple of weeks and he actually even called me once to clarify one of my questions. We finalized all of the details and he didn’t even require a deposit.

When we arrived in Livorno we were greeting by a lovely lady named Elizabeth. She spoke very good English and was such a pleasant person. Our original plan was to visit Pisa and then Florence. On a whim I had heard about how beautiful the little town of San Gimignano is. I had mentioned it to her and she adjusted the day so that we could fit it in. Everything was about us and what we wanted to see. Elizabeth was very knowledgeable about the entire region. The drive through the Tuscany region was breathtaking!

Our next stop was Naples. This was an important stop for me as there was so much I wanted to see in the Amalfi coast and we only had about 10 hours to do it. The day we arrived in Naples was also Ferragosto……a national Italian holiday so the roads were going to be very congested. I had requested Domenico for this particular stop as the Amalfi Coast is his specialty being that he is from Sorrento. I told him that I wanted it to be a special day for the four of us. He couldn’t commit being that it was a holiday but he would try.

When we arrive at the Naples port a well- dressed tanned man is holding up a sign with my name on it. He introduces himself as Domenico. We exchange a few words and off we go. We are about 5 minutes into the drive and my Niece spots a fruit stand at the side of the road and quietly says to my wife “look at those figs”. Domenico stops the car in the middle of the road, walks over to the fruit stand and picks up a bag of figs for us. From that moment on I knew that this was a special person. Our first stop was Sorrento where he dropped us off and let us roam around for a bit. Probably the best espresso coffee I had the entire trip.

From there we head to the beautiful town of Positano. Domenico takes us high atop the mountain to this unbelievable restaurant overlooking the Amalfi Coast. The restaurant was packed with people celebrating the holiday and also with people waiting to get in. The owner greets us and takes us to our reserved table overlooking the coast below. With-in minute’s food and wine start arriving at our table and didn’t stop until all seven coursed were served. It was probably one of the best meals we had ever eaten (and we’re Italian) and the view was just spectacular!!

We are enjoying our Espresso and Lemoncello when Domenico walks out with an anniversary cake for my wife and I. The entire restaurant starts to sing. After our lunch we walk around the restaurant to capture some more unbelievable views but also to see the surrounding land as they grow all of their own vegetables and raise their own animals.

Next we are on our way to Ravello, another beautiful town in the Amalfi coast. He allows us some time to wonder on our own. The last stop was the town of Amalfi, so rich in scenery.

Throughout the drive around the Amalfi coast he would stop the car whenever he would heart us say “that looks like a nice picture”.

Our day was complete as we were able to see all of the sites in Amalfi that we had hoped to see. On the way back to the ship I had asked Domenico how his wife and kids celebrated the holiday. He said that they had spent it on the beach. He gave up a day with his family to fulfill my request.

Our last private tour was in Rome. I wasn’t sure who we were going to get as Domenico has a couple of his people that he uses in Rome. We arrive at the port and head out to the waiting tour operators. Standing off to the side is this well –dressed tanned man…………..it was Domenico! He drove 3 ½ hours to the port so that he could do our tour. How is that for dedication?

In a span of 10 hours, we were able to see The Coliseum, Pantheon, St. Peters Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Domenico also took us to a restaurant for lunch (also friends of his) where we had the most amazing pizza. We ended the day with an Italian Ice cream right by the port.

Before the cruise Domenico had suggested a tour guide for the Basilica and Sistine Chapel. It cost us very little extra but we had absolutely no lines and our guide had a wealth of knowledge. He was able to tell us things that we never would have known on our own.

I can’t say enough about Domenico and his Company. His dedication to pleasing his clients is evident in everything that he does. He passes that same passion on to his other drivers as we felt that same passion with Elizabeth.

In summary, Private Tour in Italy made our vacation truly memorable and that lunch in Positano will leave a lasting memory.

If you want any further information feel free to contact me.

1 Thank Holeinone

Columbus, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A day in... Rome, Florence, Pisa, Amalfi Coast, Positano, etc...”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

FANTASTIC!!! The sites, the food, the awesome drivers and especially my wonderful friends! We cruised on the NCL EPIC and booked Domenic's tour for each Italy port. We wanted to have an 8 passenger van, beverages and a driver that was very flexible with our schedule. That is EXACTLY what Domenic provided and we had some of the best memories and pictures to bring home with us! Our group was in their 30's to 40's and LOVED our private tour! Positano Italy was one of the MOST beautiful places I have ever been! LOVED IT!

2 Thank tsoleary
Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing private tour with Domenico”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

As part of our week long trip to Southern Italy, we had a 2-day private tour for Pmpeii, Amalfi Coast and Capri Island organized by Domenico, and we had a wonderful experience.

Our tour started from Rome where Domenico picked us up from our hotel. He showed up in suits in this burning August weather and had a nice Mercedes van which very comfortably seats the six of us. On the road, he introduced the history and attractions of the local areas and answered all of our questions. He is a good driver and took us wondering through the narrow and curvy roads of Amalfi Coast. He is vey accommodating and upon request took us to visit the local furniture and ceramics factories (still waiting for shipments of beautiful handcrafts!). He is also very attentive to details and served each of us wet napkins for cleaning hands each time when we come back to the car after a stop. The local guides Domenico employed for us for Pompeii and Capri Island were excellent too, informative and friendly.

Thank you again Domenico for your professionalism, warm smile and a sense of humor which made our trip more memorable! We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Domenico’s services to any of our friends!

2 Thank SZtravel
Sacramento, California
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding personal service from Domenico!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We had a group of five females traveling to various locations for the month. We used Domenico's services for two all day trips one in Rome and one in Pompeii/Capri. The guides and driver for Pompeii, Nello and Giampiero were informitive and friendly they took very good care of us for the day. Ottavio was our driver/guide in Rome with great service. We like these tours as we could adjust what we wanted to do for the most part, except the scheduled private tours or special ticket items that had a time attached. We needed to go to a post office to mail out a package and Ottavio got us there and taken care of. We would recomend his tours and thank him for a great time.

Visited June 2011
Los Angeles, California
“2 Amazing days with Private Tour in Italy by Domenico Iaccarino!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Domenico's Private Tour in Italy rocks! We had a fabulous day when we pulled in to the port at Livorno. One of Domenico's company drivers picked us up in a nice, clean Mercedes and took the four of us to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and to Cinque Terre (gorgeous). With Private Tour in Italy you beat all the crowds. We arrived at attractions long before any buses from the cruise ships. In Naples, Domenico picked us up in a nice, comfortable Mercedes van. We went to Ravello (best view on Amalfi coast). We then went to Amalfi town and Positano. In Positano Domenico took us to the best restaurant I've ever been to (both for the view and the food). Trattoria La Tagliata was truly the most incredible Italian food (I recommend Mama's Pasta). Domenico had great relationships with the locals everywhere we went, which gave us access to places tourists would never get to. He was so nice as he took the time to take pictures of our family everywhere. Great service all over Italy!

Visited June 2011