“Can't say enough what a great experience this company provides!”

Share a Shore Excursion in Italy
Ranked #5 of 27 Tours in Civitavecchia
More attraction details
Owner description: Will provide you with professional service in our private vehicles with English speaking drivers. Our booking process is self explanatory and easy to use; find an excursion that you like, either join an existing group that has been booked, or start your own group. You will be assisted by our professional staff from the moment you contact us until the end of your tour.We look forward to providing you with a first class service, and a fun and memorable tour at affordable prices.
Benicia, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Can't say enough what a great experience this company provides!”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

My wife and I went to Italy in August of 2010. While planning our trip we found out about Share a Shore Excursion in Itlay. I soon was in communication with the company using e-mail and several phone calls. I decided to use Share A Shore for my excursions in the cities where it worked out. That was Naples, Rome and Florence. So what do I think? We had the best time. Start with the first class cars or vans, depending on how many go in your party. Then the drivers/ local tour guides. Because they know exactly how to do things, you get to places before the crowds. If that is not possible, then they will get you reservation and also on-site tour guides, ( you have to ask) and you are ahead of the game by miles. This is a really good way to do it. There was no downside.

Visited August 2010
4 Thank csutt

Shell Beach. CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Way to See the Sights in Italy!”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We found out about Share a Shore Excursion in Italy through a discussion board on Cruise Critic, and our day with them was the best tour we took in Italy! Communication through the company website was clear and timely. Daniele, a co-owner of the company, was our guide for a full day in Rome. My husband and I arrived at the pier about ten minutes before the meeting time and were happy to see that he was already there. The Mercedes van was quite comfortable, and it was easy to hear the commentary from any of the 3 rows of seats. We were able to beat all of the big buses out of the pier parking lot and get a head start on our day. The traffic on the streets of Rome was crazy, and I appreciated what a great driver Daniele was! He kept good control of our group of 7, insuring that we all knew where to meet and arrived back at meeting points on time. Probably the best part of the day was being able to bypass the extremely long (hours-long) lines at the Colosseum and the Vatican/Sistine Chapel. Daniele just walked up to the ticket counters and our tickets were waiting for us. That was priceless! I also appreciated those of us on the tour could have input on what to see or what not to see. We had enough time to see everything, and Daniele's knowledge of Italian history made the tour really interesting.

Daniele was polite and professional, but also very approachable and funny throughout the day. And, it was nice to be with someone who had such a great command of the English language, without a heavy accent that made it difficult to understand.

My only regret is that we had already booked tours of Naples and Florence through the ship's excursions. I feel that the tours with ShareAShoreExcursioninItaly were fairly priced, and that we got a lot more for the money than with the ship's tours.

7 Thank sloshel
Pompano Beach, Florida
165 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 338 helpful votes
“Bravo Share a Shore Excursion in Italy”
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Our pre-cruise tour correspondence was handled in a very professional manner.. When we arrived in Livorno, our driver/guide was waiting at the dock as promised. Daniele did a fantastic job for us. His knowledge, professionalism and humor made this tour one of the most memorable during our month long cruise. We told him about how we would like to spend our day. Not only did he fulfill every request, he suggested a few things that made the day an event that none of our group will forget. In addition to San Gimignano and Volterra, we were able to include a visit to Lucca as well.
The real highlight of the day was lunch & a wine tasting class at a small Tuscan vineyard, something we didn't think time would permit. What fun we had with Luigi, the owner! Best of all, because we were able to share the tour with 6 others, the cost was half what the ship charged for a similar, but less comprehensive tour. My only regret is that we didn't use Share a Tour in the other Italy ports we visited. ~~. Ed

2 Thank Eddiemack
Nashville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2010

You can't see Rome in a day, but everything you can see in a day we did! Our driver met us outside our ship and guided us seamlessly through heavy Rome traffic to all the major attractions and sights. We never felt rushed. Being in a small van helped us get into some of the small streets and areas big busses could not go. Our driver was friendly spoke wonderful english and was very informative. The next day in Florence our experience was equally enjoyable. HIGHLY recommend Share a Shore Excursion!!!

1 Thank lionsfankh
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Share a Shore Excursion Tuscany (Florence) Italy”
Reviewed December 23, 2010

We used Share a Shore excursion for a port call in Tuscany July 7,2010. My husband, 18yo son and I wound up sharing a Mercedes minivan with a family of 4 who were also on our ship. The driver was prompt and pleasant, meeting us when we got off the ship. We had planned on seeing Pisa and Florence, and she suggested adding a stop at a winery on the way. We all agreed, and it was one of the highlights of our excursion. We stopped at a small winery in Tuscany, where we had a tour and the sampled some wonderful wines, with no pressure to buy (we bought a bottle). We then went on to Pisa and Florence. She tailored the tour to us, suggesting an informal pizzeria for lunch (the other family had younger kids). We had preordered tickets for the museum with Michealangelo's David (sorry, the name escapes me) and she helped us get in and bypass the line. She dropped us off for free time around the Duomo and other places, supplied water, and essentially did everything we wanted and asked for. We got back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. I would recommend this company highly, especially if you cannot find others on your ship that you can plan private excursions with in advance for a port. We had several other excursions planned with other private companies (where we found people from our ship in advance), and they were all excellent. This is the only way to see Europe from a ship, in my opinion. We beat out all the hordes on the buses from the ships tours, and got personalized service for less money. The best of all worlds.

3 Thank shOshana79