“The Best Guide & Tour of the Trip!!”

Share a Shore Excursion in Italy
Ranked #8 of 28 Tours in Civitavecchia
More attraction details
Owner description: Will provide you with professional service in our private vehicles with English speaking drivers. Our booking process is self explanatory and easy to use; find an excursion that you like, either join an existing group that has been booked, or start your own group. You will be assisted by our professional staff from the moment you contact us until the end of your tour.We look forward to providing you with a first class service, and a fun and memorable tour at affordable prices.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I first want to say that this was hands down the best excursion of our trip and the guide we had (Big Luca) was without a doubt the most amazing individual we met. His knowledge was amazing, his care and concern with regards to us having the best possible experience was remarkable, and his professionalism and willingness to be accommodating to our each and every request was very much appreciated. I would not hesitate to recommend your service and would absolutely tell everyone that Big Luca is the guide you want!

1  Thank JMR345
There are newer reviews for Share a Shore Excursion in Italy

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We recently had a group of 8 take the Share a Shore Excursion with Big Luca for the Rome stop on our Royal Caribbean cruise. I am SO glad we found this company, for several reasons. First, the price was much less than the ship-sponsored tour, assuming you fill your excursion with 8 people. In addition, it was in a comfortable small van, which made the whole experience more intimate and personalized than a tour bus, not to mention the fact that the van could much more easily weave through some of the smaller back streets in Rome and allow more time to see more sights. We had Big Luca as our driver, and since I had read so many positive reviews about him already, I knew we were in for a great tour - and I was not disappointed! He was able to deliver a vast amount of information about Rome and its history in a highly entertaining and interactive way. The skip-the-lines tickets were absolutely essential and allowed the whole process to run so smoothly - I have a feeling that I could never have seen as many sights and learned as much information if I had spent 3 days in Rome on my own!

Definitely recommend this tour to anyone!!!

4  Thank ColumbusOHtraveler77
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Before I review the tour, I must say how happy I was with the office staff of this company. Especially Oana. Oana was very prompt in all correspondence prior to our trip and made everything so easy for us.
Our tour of Rome was on July 17, 2013 and my family of four was paired with another family of three. We were in a nice Mercedes mini van. We had plenty of room and we were so happy that we had such a small group. Our Driver/tour guide was David. He met us at our ship, Norwegian Epic. He was very friendly, yet quiet until we approached Rome. Once we were close to Rome he impressed us with his knowledge of the historic city. Our first stop was the Colosseum. We had skip the lines tickets and this perk was so helpful such we were on a tight schedule. We went on to see the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain (David gave my young son a coin to toss in the fountain), a quick stop at the Knights of Malta with a secret St. Peter's view. Peek through this keyhole on a piazza designed by Piranesi in 1765, and you will see a garden path that ends with bushes perfectly framing the dome of St. Peter's in the distance. Quite breathtaking to say the least!
We had to be at the Vatican by 2 pm, so David dropped us off at a market area which had several restaurants. He told us that they were all good, and didn't recommend one in particular to us. I was disappointed that he didn't have a reservation for us and that we had to pick a restaurant on our own. I was unhappy with our restaurant and service. No air conditioning either on this very warm day, but this really had nothing to do with the tour. I would ask your driver to recommend a place.
Our last stop was the Basilica and St. Peter's Square. We were in awe of all the history and art.
David gave us plenty of time to see everything and got us back to our ship in time. As we got out of the car, he gave each of us a small gift. David is very charming and I am so happy that he showed us around Rome. His English was very good and I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a great experience on your trip to Rome.

2  Thank Shari M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I had a great day with Big Luca. We enjoyed a personalized experience seeing all of the major attractions of Rome all the while, Big Luca was filling us in on the history of each of the sites with his terrific sense of humour. We were extremely impressed with Big Luca's driving skills - weaving in and out of the heavy traffic, squeezing the van into the tightest of spaces! Also, Luca knew where to take us and at what times so that we could avoid the crowds (as much as possible) We aren't sure that the "authentic" Italian restaurant that Big Luca recommended was really all that authentic, but we enjoyed the food nonetheless. Overall, we had a great experience and would recommend this tour to anyone with only one day to see this amazing city.

3  Thank jx2smom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fantastic sums it all up for Share a Shore Excursions. I booked three excursions with Share a Shore for Naples, Rome, and Florence on the 16th, 17th, and 18th of July. We had lined up the maximum number of people for each tour before signing up with Share a Shore Excursions. The entire process was easy, and if you had any questions the representatives of Share a Shore were quick to respond and accommodate. I want to personally thank Oana (representative) for being so professional, patient and fun to work with, and ensuring all was in order. We met Max right on time at the dock and quickly ventured on. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and fun. He sized up our group and made wonderful recommendations that enhanced our tour. Rome was a very tight schedule, and Max ensured that we saw everything we needed to. He ensured that our Guide for the Vatican was on time - no waiting! We never had to go look for any of the drivers we used during all three tours. We were back at the dock on time, tired, and filled with many wonderful memories. Later that night we spoke with other friends and guest who utilized NCL Epic tours and they all seemed to be in envy of what we just experienced, and at a cost that was much less than the ship tours. Thanks again to all the Staff at Share a Shore Excursions.

3  Thank lutzguy