My name is Jessie and my husband Anthony and I stayed there in October to celebrate our honeymoon. We are from Chicago and traveled to Chiusi with the help from a family friend who recommended this villa to us. We stayed for 7 nights in the Fellini Suite and the days and nights we spent just at the villa when we weren't out exploring were the absolute most amazing days of our lives. The people that work at this place are the most friendly and accommodating people we have ever met. Mostly everyone spoke great English which helped because we definitely do not speak Italian although my husband tried his very best. I unfortunately got the flu while I was there and the receptionist with the dark hair (we unfortunately forgot her name) called the pharmacy in town for us to explain my symptoms in italian to them and called my husband a cab and when he got there they had the medicine ready for us. So sweet that she went out of her way to help us. Aside from the amazingly friendly staff, the restaurants there were just amazing... And the WINE! We had a welcoming dinner in the restaurant on the first floor with many courses and champagne and wine and just top of the line food. The La Taverna that is located in the old wine cellar had the most delicious authentic food. The pici pasta was just amazing, the chef gave us some to bring home, we cannot wait to make it! The villa we stayed in ... Omg. When we first got there the man who brought our luggage up pushed open the window shutters and the view was absolutely breath taking. We have never seen anything so beautiful it looked like a picture! The whole experience there was just so awesome, we will definitely be back!!!! Thank you Patriarca for your amazing service, friendliness and for making our honeymoon unforgettable! Grazie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa il Patriarca, antica residenza nobiliare del XIX secolo, e oggi, dopo un'accurata ristrutturazione, un elegante hotel quattro stelle e sede di ben due ristoranti: la conviviale Taverna e il pluripremiato I Salotti, guidato dalla giovane e talentuosa chef Katia Maccari, che dal 2003 e insignito di una Stella Michelin. La villa, di antichissime origini, poggia le fondamenta sull'originale costruzione di epoca etrusco-romana, della quale, all'interno, sono visibili, attraverso degli oblo, gli antichi granai perfettamente conservati, che contribuiscono a creare un'atmosfera davvero suggestiva. Tutt'intorno si distende il parco di pini e cipressi, visibile anche dalla piscina in travertino, direttamente affacciata sul panorama naturale. Il nostro hotel dispone di 22 camere, dotate di ogni comfort; alcune rispecchiano fedelmente lo stile tipico toscano, altre sono piu eleganti e ricercate negli arredi. Per chi desideri l'atmosfera magica di stucchi e damaschi, puo trovarla nelle due esclusive Suites dedicate alla celeberrima coppia Federico Fellini e Giulietta Masina, che erano soliti trascorrere lunghi periodi di relax e "dolce vita" avendo eletto Villa il Patriarca a loro dimora privilegiata in Toscana. E' qui che Fellini ha immaginato e ambientato "8 e 1/2", il suo piu grande capolavoro. Le camere sono dotate di tutti i comfort: aria condizionata, tv lcd, minibar, servizi privati, connessione internet WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Il Patriarca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Il Patriarca Hotel Chiusi
- Hotel Il Patriarca
- Il Patriarca Hotel
- Il Patriarca Chiusi, Italy - Tuscany