“Beautiful location”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Gorgeous location-- food was not so good. Menu was hard too read. I love Chiusi, but this restaurant did not make my night. I recommend for those who love seafood

Visited July 2014

“Amazing authentic Italian food experience!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Traveling via Genova, Cinque terre, and Lucca on our way to Rome, this was the definite food highlight of our trip in Italy so far. The modest exterior covers up an excellent view of the Chiusi lake. We had a three course meal with starters, primi and secondi, all of the three dishes was of excellent quality all made with the freshest ingredients. What appears to be the owners are also incredibly welcoming, knowledgeable and warm.
This place is an absolute go-to if you ever find yourself in the area!

Milan, Italy
“Very good place to eat around Chiusi”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed in the nearby of Chiusi for a few days, and we went eating here at dinner.
The place is nice, and you can enjoy a beautiful view of the Chiusi lake while you are eating.

They serve tasty Umbrian dishes, but I suggest to choose those made with fish. You must try their "Brustico" (lake fish smoked on lake cane fire). It tastes really delicious and delicate.
Moreover, they make a wonderful fish soup, but be careful, it contains a lot of fishbones.
The set of bruschettas is an amazing appetizers as well.

• Visited April 2014
Seal Beach, California
“Fresh. Local. Delicious”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I noticed mine is the only review for this restaurant in English. That doesn't surprise me. We were the only foreigners I saw in the 3 times I ate there. Nevertheless, we were made to feel welcome, they brought out their one English menu and the owner, whose English is much better than my Italian, came to our table and was gracious and helpful. The Tripadvisor heading calls this a seafood restaurant. It isn't. It is really a "lakefood" restaurant. Much of what they serve was caught in the lake the restaurant overlooks. All the food was fresh and local and expertly prepared. Trust the owner's recommendations both for food and the wines to pair with each dish. He won't steer your wrong. Over a 2 week period, my friends and I ordered everything on the menu and never found anything we didn't like. It's out of the way but worth searching for.

• Visited June 2011