This place is super unique and stunning. Definitively Tuscan with homegrown oil and wine to prove it. Beautiful design and extra stunning garden and landscaping. Pool is a serious hit.
All these reasons make it 5-worthy, and I feel like I would be giving a dishonor if it was any less... BUT:
Some attention to detail is totally lacking. It's been a few weeks and I can't remember all the details, but they were noticeable: the shower leaked a good amount of water and had some poor trims (like damaged stucco instead of pretty tile-work or marble), the door to the entrance had ventilation holes that brought in a good amount of sound, the parking in the front didn't give enough back-up space, so leaving took a 5-point turn...
They're little things, but when you're paying this much for a hotel, those should be covered.
Lastly, we had a HUGE A/C problem that couldn't get fixed becuase it was Sunday... it leaked, it made tons of sound (like the kind that you couldn't go to bed with), couldn't turn it off, and it wasn't consistent, so it was always surprising you! I know that was a one-off issue, but damn, did it make that night's sleep TOUGH.
Location is also sub-par, although the view are great.
Very mixed feelings!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poggio Piglia is a unique new Tuscan Hotel, designed to complement the historic beauty of this famous area. Painstakingly planned over a seven year period, the Poggio Piglia embodies the imagination and scrupulous attention to detail its owners have bestowed on the entire project.The location is unbeatable, specifically chosen to bring the entire Tuscan, Umbrian and Lazio areas within easy reach. The Poggio Piglia invites guests to revel in stunning landscapes and the legendary Tuscan atmosphere whilst being treated to legendary hospitality and pampered with every comfort imaginable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Poggio Piglia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poggio Piglia Hotel Chiusi
- Poggio Piglia Chiusi, Italy - Tuscany