We stayed in four different places in Italy and Poggio Piglia was by far the best hotel we visited (and this is compared to some five star hotels in Rome as a reference).
The beauty of the property, attention to detail, friendly and helpful staff, delicious and fresh food (they picked figs from their garden for breakfast for me!), gorgeous views, and proximity to interesting places in Tuscany make this the best choice. Their house made wine was also very delicious and reasonably priced. I highly recommend their light lunch as well!
Paolo and Barbara went ABOVE AND BEYOND for us during our trip, helping coordinate transportation to other cities to which we were traveling, suggesting activities during our stay in Tuscany as well as our future destinations, while working non-stop to make all the guests feel welcome and comfortable.
As far as the hotel itself is concerned, the rooms are HUGE (especially for Europe) and the amenities are very impressive. The shower was beautifully done and the decour in the room and throughout the hotel was modern and rustic and so lovely.
We are already planning our trip back to Italy just to return to this hotel. Can't express how much we enjoyed our stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poggio Piglia is a unique new Tuscan Hotel, designed to complement the historic beauty of this famous area. Painstakingly planned over a seven year period, the Poggio Piglia embodies the imagination and scrupulous attention to detail its owners have bestowed on the entire project.The location is unbeatable, specifically chosen to bring the entire Tuscan, Umbrian and Lazio areas within easy reach. The Poggio Piglia invites guests to revel in stunning landscapes and the legendary Tuscan atmosphere whilst being treated to legendary hospitality and pampered with every comfort imaginable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Poggio Piglia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poggio Piglia Hotel Chiusi
- Poggio Piglia Chiusi, Italy - Tuscany