“Great museum marred by rude staff”

Museo Archeologico Nazionale
Ranked #1 of 49 things to do in Chieti
London, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great museum marred by rude staff”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

It's a shame that the staff were so unhelpful at this museum that it rather marred our enjoyment of this excellent museum. I know my Italian is by no means fluent, but when you are in a ticket office and there are four of you then "quattro biglietti" does probably mean "four tickets" even if it my "r" is not perfectly rolled. A good few minutes went by whilst I repeated my request to be met by blank stares, a final recognition and then laughter. As I said it was a shame as the museum itself, quite newly renovated is a lovely little collection: the Warrior of Capestrano is a fantastic object, nicely displayed, and upstairs there are some very interesting objects. Just sad that Customer Service is so often overlooked in Italy.

Visited September 2013