“Great Restauarant in center of old Chiavari”

Antica Osteria Luchin
Ranked #54 of 159 Restaurants in Chiavari
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Good restaurant and great introduction to local Ligurian specialties - the plain farinata was delicious. Good fish and other specialties. Service was good and waiter liked trying out his English. Recommend this to travellers in Chiavari area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had read about Luchin in David Downie's food book on Liguria and were driving from Santa Margherita Ligure to Monterosso, a mere hour away. We decided to voyage with our rental car and try to find Luchin. TOTALLY worth it. We got a parking space a block away and were able to get a table immediately (it was lunchtime). The farinata was SO good and SO unique; I wish we'd been able to find some like it again after that. Awesome minestrone, maybe the best I've ever had. And of course, being Liguria, trofie with pesto for some of the family. A great detour and not fancy, but you felt the history and this is one of those places why traveling and eating in Italy is so much fun.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had primi, secundi and desert. Each piece was great. Price is fair, quality is great. Even the cheap house wine was delicious (attested by a French expert!). Waitress was quick and friendly. Location is perfect for a nice evening. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I think they take reservations, but we didn't do that. They opened about 7:30, and we got there a few minutes later and the outside tables were filled. We waited just a few minutes and got a table for four, sitting with a young German couple, Hilmar and Jeanine, who spoke great English. This enhanced the experience further. I thought Luchin would be the only place we would find farinata in the area. Not so, but it was some of the best we had. Definitely try the typical Ligurian menu items, trofie with pesto, farinata, fried anchovies or fried fruita de mare. I never tried fried anchovies before this night, and I got hooked on them at Luchin. A little pricey, but not the most expensive in the area. Go for the vino bianco de la casa. I'm not a connosiur but it was certainly very good.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Love their faranata. It is fantastic! Also great lentil and vegetable soups. Casual dining and great service. It was closed on Sunday when I visited in September 2011, but I am looking forward to visiting them again in a few weeks.