We stayed in apartment type B and it was plenty of space though not renovated lately. Apartment is functional with kitchen, shower and two bedrooms, small TV and seating inside and outside.
The area is quite big and sealed off for traffic so it feels very safe for kids. The beach is very nice and you get two loungers and a parasol reserved for the whole week which is nice.
The pool area is great for swimming and for kids to play. Adjacent is a play ground and they also had a childrens club at 10-12 and 16-18 which our kids liked.
The area has a shop a pizzeria/grill (ok to eat at), full restaurant which we didn't try, small supermarket, shops, mingolf and bars.
In the evenings there were song and dance for the kids which was very ambitious and the kids loved it.
Prices in shops, bars and restaurants were lower than expected in my opinion.
There are a lot to see in Castiglione della pescaia which is only 2 kms away. If you have a car it is also close to vineyards and interesting small villages in the tuscan hills. Massa maritimo was a good excursion only 30-40 mins away. Magliano and Montiano can we also recommend.
If you travel south and need a place to stop. Be sure not to miss La Parrina close to Orbetello, an ancient vineyard with hotel, apartments and nice restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the magic Maremman pine forest on a surface of 27 hectares, directly by the seashore and with a private beach of 600 meters. This is Riva del Sole, a pearl of the Tuscan Maremma. The complex is situated right in heart of an area that offers exceptionally interesting aspects on landscape, history, archaeology and culture. 4-star S Hotel, that is the very expression of the best hotel traditions of Tuscany, composed by 156 rooms, all with A/C, satellite TV, telephone, safe, minibar, hairdryer and all with balcony or terrace. The WiFi service is available in all public areas. The 3-star Residence is composed by 182 apartments divided in 3 different types: two-room apartments in two story buildings, three-room apartments and one-room studios on one level at the ground floor. Private beach, Rasena SPA with 3 swimming pools, one of which, with seawater and the beauty & massage center, tennis court, five aside football, water sports, 2 jogging paths (1250 mt snd 1500 mt), minigolf, ATM, shops, supermarket, restaurant, pizzeria, bar, wine shop, tobacconist, newspaper stand, hairdresser, first aid center, pharmacy, launderette and bicycle rental. Fully equipped conference rooms for meetings from 10 to 270 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Riva del Sole Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riva Del Sole Resort & Spa Hotel Castiglione Della Pescaia
- Riva Del Sole Resort And Spa
- Riva Del Sole Resort & SPA Castiglione Della Pescaia, Italy - Tuscany