“Unbelievable Location!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cernobbio
Minturn, Colorado
“Unbelievable Location!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Park your car here, right next to the Cernobbio lakefront, and enjoy your Lake Como experience! I was traveling with my wife, 8 year old daughter and mother in law, and we were comfortable in a three bed room, where we had a great balcony overlooking the town park and a HUGE bathroom.

The breakfast was fantastic, and the front courtyard on the main street very welcoming and comfortable. We were very happy with the ability to walk the main drag right out of our hotel, and went to the lakefront multiple times to enjoy the local life. We ate an Italian pizza at the lakeshore restaurant and walked among the locals in the evening.

In the morning, we took at cruise on the lake to the little picturesque towns up from Cernobbio and then came back - I remember it being incredibly reasonable. Like $7 Euro to take a 30 min or so Lake Como ride.

Try Albergo Centrale - it was great for a quick stop in Cernobbio!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank homestake
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear friend, thank you to give us your wonderful review!!! you shoot on the target!!! this is what I think that our guests must appreciate about our location and our hotel, a good place to stop for a few days and have the possibility to visit our lake and his beauties!!! very easy to do and you do not need the car because the public harbor is at 100mt far away from our hotel and if you want in 10min by boat you are in the centre of Como, the biggest city near us, with a lot of thing to see and to do.

I hope to have the possibility to have you and your family again at hotel Centrale!!!

take care

Giorgio Dugoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Walsall
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed with two friends for one night. We pre-booked a room for 3 and were a little worried when the first room they show us had a large double bed and a sofa bed. however, when we explained that we booked 3 separate beds we were shown to another part of the hotel. The room was nice and quiet, the beds were comfy and the bathroom was adequate.
Breakfast was included in the price and it was all very good value for money.
The staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
thank you dear friend!!!! and thank you to give us a great review!!!! I tell you that the 3 bed room is with 1 king size bed and 1 single bed or 3 separate bed and if we do not receive any information from the guest normally we give the room with 1 king size bed+1 single bed, in your case we have the possibility to move you in the 4 bedroom who have normally 1 kingsize bed and 2 separate beds, I tell you this only because I think is correct to give at my client the correct information.

I'm waiting for you here again.

Barga, Italy
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've been looking for years fo a place to stop over when we travel from Luxembourg to Tuscany. Now I can say we found it. This hotel is only a few minutes drive away from the motorway in Chiasso. In the center of Cernobbio, on the Como lake. Good size room, view on the square, no noise, TV, wifi, clean, cosy, comfortable. The staff is friendly. There's a romantic restaurant in the cantina, and breakfast is up to Italian standards. The good surprise is the price: 79 EUR for the two of us, breakfast included. And there is a private car park. The only thing this place does not have is: a view on the lake. We'll come back here every time we pass thru Como/Chiasso.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning and happy Easter, sorry if I answer so late!!!

Thank you to your wonderful review and I'm happy that you have found our hotel for your stopover during your trip, I it will be a pleasure to welcoming you again, just one thing only for correctness, the price that we have give to you was a special price but during the high season the price is different, but anyway next time you want to come in novembre write us an e-mail and tell that you have spoke with me about the price.

have a nice day
Worcestershire
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a typical old fashioned type of hotel which is a rare find these days. Although it is over 100 years old, the bedrooms are light and fresh, with comfortable beds and bedding and the bathroom was very spacious and well equipped with two minor exceptions - no soap holder in the shower and the hair dryer was on the wall opposite the mirror necessitating some acrobatics to dry hair using the mirror.
There is no lift, so ask for a lower floor if that is a problem. Help was offered with luggage.
The hotel was very cosy on a very wet weekend and the management and staff were very professional and informative. The hotel was very clean. WIFI broke down the weekend we were there, but management were soon on to it and it was apparently caused by the storms at the time.
The cold breakfast buffet was excellent quality and range. We had one evening meal which was very good value and the restaurant was lively. There is also a cellar restaurant, which we did not try but it is open on Sundays and was obviously popular with locals. There is an outside terrace for summer months.
Parking was very easy at the rear of the property and very safe. The lounge bar area/ reception was a bit small and limited for seating in bad weather.
The hotel is located within a few minutes walk of the lake and in the centre for all facilities: banks, shops, restaurants etc.
We had a room at the back, which was very quiet, but probably there would be some traffic noise at the front of the property as it is a main road. We shall certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back proibably quieter but not so nice a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
thank you for your great review, sometimes when I answer at the reviews I see the differences between the clients and I know that is impossible to satisfy each of them, but when I see the review like this I know that we are in the correct way to try to give the best services to all our guests. I'm very happy that we have find all the bests characteristics of our hotel and our wonderful lake. hope to see you here again in your next holidays.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a classic small older European hotel and we enjoyed our one night here. Our family of three stayed in a basic, clean, fairly quiet triple room. The room was very small with a queen and a single bed with very little space between the two and very little room for our luggage. The bathroom, on the other hand, was quite large. The air conditioning was adequate, however the outside temperature was moderate when we were there and if it had been hot we suspect the air conditioning wouldn’t have kept up to keep us cool. The person at the reception desk was friendly. The free wifi worked smoothly, a separate code is required for each device. The breakfast spread was basic, but good. The free parking is in an open lot at the back of the hotel, which was easy to access. We enjoyed Cernobbio and it was a short walk from the hotel to beautiful Lake Como. We took the ferry up the lake to Argegno for an afternoon and loved the trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank justmeandmycamera
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
dear friend, thank you for your review, as I said in my answer to the previous review, I know that our rooms are not very spacious, but our hotel is an old villa and There is not much space to enlarge the rooms, but I'm glad that you been able to appreciate the beauty of our lake, and check the courtesy of our staff, I hope to see you here again with your family.

thanks again for your review, it helps us to improve.

good weekend
Port Macquarie
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Well positioned with good parking. Our room was very small and stuffy and we had no room for our luggage. Not a lot more to be said about this place. We arrived on a Sunday and the courtyard was quite untidy and the receptionist wasn't overly helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dear friend, I know that our rooms are not very spacious, but our hotel is an old villa of the early 900 and how well you'll understand we do not have much space to be able to enlarge the rooms, while I can do something for the staff, even if we receive from most of all our guests the complimented for our kindness, I understand that we can not always satisfy everyone, and sometimes we make mistakes we too, I apologize if any of my staff was not friendly with you, I will take all the responsibility.
I know sometimes when I answer the reviews i'm repetitive, but the truth is this, we have a small hotel, but we're clean, we're friendly and we're professional, and try to make our guests feel like at home .

thanks again for your review, it helps us to improve.

good weekend
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We are a couple in our twenties. We loved Albergo Centrale. We drove into Cernobbio and found the hotel very easily and were relieved to find easy access off the street parking straight away. The hotel itself and the rooms are relatively small but have a great amount of charms and character. We were extremely comfortable and appreciated the strong signal of the free wifi. The restaurant downstairs is, in our opinion, among the best we've experienced in Italy. The staff in both the hotel and restaurant are extremely friendly and accommodating. The location of the hotel is ideal, being a couple minutes walk to the lakefront and ferry dock. It is really easy to walk to many other parts of the town or other towns in that corner of the lake (if you're so inclined) amd the streets and shops nearby are fun to explore. We will definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
ALBERGO_CENTRALE, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Friend, thank you to give to us your wonderful review, this is the spirit of our hotel, to do feel the guest to be in a litttle hotel with a special charme like the region were we are, I really appreciate the you have find the cortesy of our staff and that you have enjoy our food served in the terrace.

I would have the possibility to welcoming you personally in our hotel in your next trip in Italy, so I can give a little present.

thank you again to spend your time to made the review it's very important form me to know what's our guests think about us.

Ciao and see you soon

Giorgio Dugoni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cernobbio
Villa d'Este
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio
Borgovico Hotel
Borgovico Hotel
#1 of 32 in Como

Been to Hotel Centrale? Share your experiences!