“Just about good enough” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Pizzeria Tom & Jerry

Ristorante Pizzeria Tom & Jerry
Ranked #44 of 52 Restaurants in Cernobbio
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wales
“Just about good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We ate here because we wanted a lighter meal than that on offer at the restaurant, but it was only acceptable. We both had a pizza, which tasted delicious. It was, however, spoilt as even though it had the characteristic charring on the outside rim, the pizza was undercooked on the bottom resulting in a soggy pizza.
We ordered two desserts, but they were almost identical in looks and taste. We even swopped half way through as we thought that we had been given the wrong choice of cake. It didn't seem to make much difference.
The service, though was delightful and we were warmly welcomed.
Did we complain? We did not as we don't expect to go there again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome
“Small, lovely setting and excellent wine selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The name was a but off-putting but decided to give it a try and were very happy. Offers different local traditional dishes and a great variety of pizzas. Can cater to the budget traveler as well as to the 'splurgy' ones.
Excellent, wine selection. After puzzling over the wine list decided to go for the 'vino della casa' and were surprised by a fantastic Cabernet.
Definitely an affordable ristorante, a must if you are on a budget given that prices in the area can be quite scary.

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
“Don't interfere with their lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

The pizza was good but service was not good. I stood in the front of the restaurant for about 5 minutes waiting for someone to ask me if they could help or anything. Staff even walked by me and just kept walking. I looked in the other room so they would see me and they were having a big lunch and could care less about helping me even when they saw me. I know this is typical European service but still some of the worst. At least tell me I see you and give us a minute. The pizza was decent but nothing great but it was cheap.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Walsall
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I travel to Italy on a regular basis and this was one of the worst meals I have ever had in Italy. The wine was even worse, which may have been down to my selection, but there is no excuse for such poor food. The waiter forgot to put the wine on the official bill, but asked for the amount separately in cash. Stay away from here

Visited November 2013
Worcestershire
“Dont be put off by the silly name”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This restaurant offers good Italian home cooking at its best with very pleasant service.We thoroughly enjoyed polenta and spezzatini (fine pieces of beef casseroled) at lunchtime and returned in the evening for another meal. This time we had one of their massive salads, which was excellent although there was a bit of a mix up as the waiter misheard me ( I speak fluent Italian) and brought me tagliata de pollo, instead of insalata de pollo, which was reflected in the bill. However, he admitted his mistake and refunded the difference. This was somewhat spoiled by the fact that my husband requested some raw onion with his salad and was charged €1.50 for 4 rings of onion, yes rings not slices. We paid this under protest, but apparently the owner would not take it off the bill. This was a great pity, as otherwise the food and service was good.

Visited October 2013