We stayed for several days at Villa D'Este and it was truly a wonderful experience. The location is perfect, on the western shore of Lake Como in Cernobbio. Its grounds extend up the mountain, including these fascinating gardens, sculptures, and a man made replica of Roman ruins made by the original owner's wife to keep her General husband amused. It's a bit of a hike up there, but the views and photos from up there of the Villa are stunning.
The food in the Veranda restaurant is excellent, and the breakfast buffets are very extensive and quite good.
The room had a balcony overlooking Lake Como, and a separate room in a suite arrangement. Very spacious, with a great balcony to sit on, overlooking the floating pool on the lake.
Music in the evening on the Veranda, a nice bar, I could go on and on. A truly special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy