Having read the old reviews left on here I am totally shocked!!
My wife and I have this evening returned from our break to Milan, we ventured by train to Lake Como and were simply blown away by every aspect of Villa D'este. As you drive from the station you realise the sleepiness of the area in comparison to Milan city centre, the views are breathtaking.
Maybe the other guests didn't research the property before booking, the hotel is full of antique furniture, from pictures dating back to 1902, elaborate chandeliers and in every room, original beds and wardrobes, no two rooms are alike, it adds character and charm. One drawing room was made for Napolean, although he never made it to the hotel, if you don't like classic decor then don't go, but you will be missing out. The Cardinal Suite was our favourite, best views of both the lake and gardens. We ate in the Verandah Restaurant, fine dining at its best, service impeccable and the staff cannot do enough to make your experience one to remember, in the summer months eating al fresco would be outstanding.
The facilities are incredible, from a lovely new spa, golf simulator, jogging trail, tennis courts, a squash court and three pools, one floating on the lake, and yes it as cold. Manicured grounds, the most amazing setting, lovely rooms, food to die for, loyal staff who have worked at the hotel for decades (which speaks volumes) - what more could you wish for?
If you visit Italy then please ensure Villa D'este is on your to stay list, we cannot wait to go back and also visit their sister property, Villa La Massa! A huge thank you to all the staff for making our time so special - very few hotels leave such an impressive stamp in our hearts as you have done, easily our #1 European hotel to date!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy