“Nice spot for a drink”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

we only stopped here for an aperitivo on a pleasant weekend evening but we thought it was a nice spot for a drink...

There are newer reviews for Harry's Bar

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The food is wonderful! I love pâté and fragouis and they had a wonderful presentation. Everyone I ordered and everything at the table was delicious. I would definitely go back everyday if I could!

1  Thank Charabarr
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friendly and attentive staff. Good standard Italian food. The experience was enhanced by a "wandering" band of musicians who entertained the whole restaurant.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

It was pouring with rain and we ran for cover towards Harry's Bar, and then decided to have some lunch there after having a quick G&T. It was just 2.20pm, and there were a handful of diners there on this rather dismal, rainy day. When we asked the rather matronly and extremely surly waitress for menus, and a wine list, she scowled even more than before. Ten seconds later she bustled up to our table and literally flung down the two menus and the wine list in front of us. I was not at all impressed. Did she think it was too late to order, too near her going home time? Then she should have said something. Were we a little bit too scruffy to be sitting at Harry's? After all, we had been working on the boat all morning and looked a trifle shabby. But what about the other guest who did look rather like a homeless vagrant. No, she was just in a bad mood. We ordered a scallopini Milanese with asparagus and a porcini/zucchini side dishes. She smiled at our order and then positively grinned when I ordered a bottle of Gavi di Gavi (La Scolca). Yes, she had taken us for a couple of english twerps who were going to drink beer and ask for sausage, egg,chips and beans. Well, the Milaneses were cooked to perfection and the asparagus was the best I had all month. The wine of course was delicious. I finished with an affogato and my host just had the coffee., it had stopped raining, so we quickly paid the bill and left. Not the best of dining experiences, though the food was of very high quality and well prepared and presented.
"Service" is not a subjective activity, ie scruffy people should expect and receive the same service as an Armani suited executive. Points knocked off for initial surly behaviour - but do give it a try as they produce a good meal. Ambiance: surly,wet and miserable. View: rain and thick mist over the lake and surrounding hills

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Attentive staff, easy ferry ride to the restaurant. I felt like a local, not a tourist. Beautiful food, intimate atmosphere. Order the Minestrone Soup... it was spectacular.