“A wasted opportunity”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wasted opportunity”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Harry's bar has a great location on the lake but that is it. Overpriced and poorly executed food with surly, unhappy staff ruined what could be an excellent place to be. My experience was unfortunately echoed by many of the other customers there who complained of slow service and unremarkable food. In fact during the many times we passed by Harry's Bar after our experience I failed to see a happy face sat at the tables outside. Disappointing.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 9HYA

• Korean first
london
“not impressed”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

its ok to stop off on way to water taxi for cigar coffee and a drink but lack the style of Harrys bar in venice but its ok, i was personally disappointed but i would have a meal there ect

Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place....great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our visit was during the textile expo & they were very busy but we were seated promptly at our reservation time& staff was very attentive. The food was great for the price. We will definitely be back. It's a great place to sit outside & enjoy Cernobbio.

• Visited May 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“good,...and pricey”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location is very nice, right on the lake shore. Off cold-winter evening the outside seating can be nice. However, comfortable seating is offered in the closed veranda. Here I enjoyed Lombardia region dishes (cotoletta alla milanese was superb) with a certain degree of sophistication in the service as in the overall atmosphere. Good wine chart with moderate to high charges.
Price in the high range.

Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Great Food. Big Prices. Insisted on extra tip - Ralph Massetti”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

So Harry's Bar was hard to hate. The food was great. We both (my Wife and I) ordered specials, which is a must in Italy. Wine selection was good and the atmosphere, although loud. was pleasant.

Here's the kicker though. When we received our check the Server stood over me and insisted on an additional tip. While I ALWAYS tip above the included service charges in Italy (and yes I confirmed the service charge was already in the total), this Server wouldn't take no for an answer. Even when I gave him an affirmative, he kept on about how the included service charge only covers the "free bread", which we know is not true, and he would not budge from the table until I complied.

We had a great dinner and the evening was too rare to derail so I compiled, but we wouldn't go back, simply based on the Server's manipulation of what I imagine he suspected as novice travelers.

That said, I expect this is a rarity and the restaurant does deserve credit for doing everything else right.

• Visited April 2013