“Good location”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cernobbio
Reviewed February 26, 2013

In the heart of Cernobbio, close both to the lake and shopping & restaurants, a nice small hotel. I had a single room, not very spacious but clean and well equipped with all I needed, also air-conditioning. Friendly personnel, especially at the breakfast buffet. No problem for early morning check-out, breakfast was ready some 20 inutes prior to given time. Very good value for a two-star hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have heavy luggage ask a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Roberta C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Albergo Ristorante Giardino, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Mrs Lisa,
thank you very much for your review. I read your writing to Morena, who usually takes care of breakfast.
We hope to host you soon.

Roberta

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had a fantastic one night stay in this Hotel. The rooms are a bit basic, but utterly spotless and comfortable. We were lucky to get the double with an enormous terrace overlooking the church and the terracotta tiled roofs of the village. Location is great for a walk down to the lake, for the shops and amenities, and the weekly market. Unbelievable value for the price of the two rooms we used. Completely recommended.

Also ate in the restaurant (which is lovely - particularly in the garden). The restaurant is not cheap, but was excellent with very good service. Staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the terraced room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew T
Roberta C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Albergo Ristorante Giardino, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you for your excellent valuation. We are very happy you have nice time in our Hotel and here in Cernobbio, on our wonderful lake.
Hope to welcome you again we thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Roberta Colletta

Reviewed September 25, 2012

For the price, I think this is a fine place ---- rooms are very clean, well equipped and one room even has a lovely private balcony/patio facing the quiet hillsides.

The breakfast is ample and front desk and breakfast staff is very nice and helpful. However, if you think a pleasant hello from the owners is a must when you are in the hospitality business, then this isn't the place for you. On each occasion I encountered the owners they couldn't be bothered with even a smile, preferring to wave a young staffer over to take care of me.

That said, I think it's a fine place to stay and I would consider eating dinner elsewhere for better quality.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank BellaMiaTraveler
Roberta C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Albergo Ristorante Giardino, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
even if you gave us a good score I understand there is something was wrong during your stay in our Hotel.
I am very sorry if you have had a bad feeling about our management. I think it was only a misunderstanding... if you will choose our Hotel again for your stay I am sure you will change your mind. Usually the Hotel Manager leaves us the space to interact with guests for our experience and to improve ourselves.
I think I took care of you, madame, and I hope to see you again. I apologize for your bad impression.

Roberta Colletta

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel was extremely accommodating to our party of 2 adults and 2 infants (1 year and 3 years).

The room was somewhat crapped however this due to the insertion of a playpen (no cribs) for the youngest to sleep in and the fact that there is no elevator so they provided us with a room on the 1st floor. They kindly let us store our 2 strollers in the Manager's office when we were onsite.

Well located albeit on a very busy road with very little sidewalk. However lakeside is just a 5 minute stroll and closed to traffic which has everything a young family could wish for: park, gellateria, pizzeria, bar and access to transport boats. The carousel ride was the highlight of our 3-year olds' trip and the attendant was wonderful to us!

Expected a meager Italian breakfast however surprised to discover that an array of products were available: rolls, juice, cereal, coldcuts, cheese, yogurt, fruit and hot beverages. Plenty to ensure the children were well fed. There is a beautiful garden restaurant but we didn't have the opportunity to test it.

Nice to see the hotel hasn't changed over the years when I used to stay during my "single" days.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Staff extremely friendly, service in the garden restaurant excellent and fast. Food made exactly to my requirements to avoid allergies of certain ingredients. Room comfortable, but avoid a room overlooking the garden, late-night diners can make a lot of noise. No lift, so heavy suitcases could be a problem. Watch when leaving the hotel as there is a two-way road within one metre, one minute one way and the next the other way, you have to be careful which way you look. easy access to the square and the boat across the lake. Not worth paying the very high prices asked in some of the bigger hotels; many of them are shabby inside, with outdated furniture, mediocre food and rude staff. As with all of this area, parking a private car is almost impossible.

Room Tip: ask for one not overlooking the rear garden
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Second time in this Hotel and maybe should have learned my lesson. This place thrives on unexpecting tourists- where else will you find Coperto Charge @ 2.5 per person plus Service Charge at 15% !!. I challenged the bill and was told it was a "mistake" and the manager rudely took the bill off me ansd handed me a refund of the coperto charge of €10. Funny the till has the charge built in - why pay through the nose for poor service, mediocre food - the is plently of other real restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Milan
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I chose this hotel because of the economical price. It was worth it. It is a short walk to the boat dock and the lovely public lakeside space. The breakfast was sparse with just bread, butter and jam, coffee and juice, no protein if one needs that to get going in the morning. The hotel has a beautiful inner garden area and an excellent restaurant situated in the garden area. No elevator. Staying in Cernobbio added extra boat trips to my daily outings which I thoroughly enjoyed. The people in the hotel were friendly and helpful. The room was small but I found it to be enough for one person.
There are excellent restaurants in Cernobbio. Being in Cernobbio gave an added dimension to a vacation on Lake Como.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank joyous68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cernobbio
Clarion Collection Hotel Griso Lecco
Albergo Trattoria La Vignetta
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Grand Hotel Imperiale
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio

Been to Albergo Ristorante Giardino? Share your experiences!