I stayed here for two nights in October 2009. Having read reviews I had some idea what to expect, but for what I wanted (to see the mosaics) the location was perfect, so I thought I could put up with the rest.
I didn't find the staff as surly as some have said: but it depended on who was on duty, with some better than others. They certainly helped with anything I asked about.
The rooms are dark, but this is partly down to the location, and with a bit of care the shutters can be adjusted. Equally, the air-conditioning settings can be altered from those the hotel has as standard which makes things more pleasant.
The furniture looked like it had been bought in a job lot from Dracula's castle, but if you just take it as quirky it's not so bad. I had no trouble sleeping.
The smallness of the rooms, the old-style towels, and the absence of breakfast were real drawbacks, and overall it is over-priced. I've stayed in worse hotels, and it wasn't so bad that I thought about finding somewhere else. If there were a better hotel in that location, then of course I'd use that in preference; but as it is, it's got the best spot in the city centre and no competition close by, which is why they can get away with not caring overmuch about what anyone thinks.
I'd go again if I needed to, and let the joys of Cefalu as a place act as compensation, but this hotel could and should be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the historical centre of Cefalù, a few metres from the beach, offers all facilities for an unforgettable holiday.Hotel rooms are equipped with private bath, hair-dryer, TV Sat, frigo, telephone, heating, air conditioning, free Wi-fi Internet access. Hotel composed of 24 rooms, is equipped with a lift and accessible to the disabled.Both small and well-mannered pets are welcome.From the hotel terrace you can enjoy an enchanting view. Here you can sunbathe in a relaxing atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel La Giara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ristorante La Giara Cefalu
- Hotel La Giara Cefalu, Sicily