Located on the grounds of a large former olive grove/mill on a hillside above Cefalu, the hotel was easy to find with a GPS, and ample free parking is available on site. The 4-story 50 year old building was reborn as a modern luxury hotel, deserving every one of its four stars and compared with other 4-star Sicilian hotels could be deserving a fifth star. The lobby, reception, and the lobby bar are pleasingly furnished with a glass wall opening onto a terrace and ocean view, inviting one to sit and sip a cappuccino or something from the bar.
Check-in was handled by Brooklyn born Camela, patiently dispensing information, speaking perfect English, as does most of the staff. Our room with a balcony that offered a beautiful view over the ocean and the old city of Cefalu was nicely furnished with a desk, wardrobe, king size bed with a firm but comfortable mattress, A/C with in room control, and a TV with Sky satellite service with channels in many languages. The floor to ceiling tiled modern bath with tub/shower combo provided ample space for one's stuff on the marble topped sink console. All was super clean, and quiet at night, even with the windows open. A demerit to the hotel for not having a service directory in the room, moreover, to turn the TV on or off requires a PHD.
The beautifully landscaped grounds with many mature trees, thriving vegetation, flowering plants and lots of quiet nooks with a table and a couple of chairs are a tranquil oasis in which to relax in quiet comfort. A nice pool area with padded chaises is available for the sun-worshipers, and finally housed in the rustic setting of the old olive mill is the hotel spa. The restaurant with elegant indoor and casual outdoor seating serves delicious meals from a daily changing menu. Breakfast is served buffet style with an offering that leaves little to be desired and includes a spread of pastries and baked sweets fit for a pastry shop display.
The hotel provides a shuttle bus service into the town and the beach allowing one to leave the car in the parking lot. It is not in an ideal location for those wanting a beach vacation, yet it is perfectly situated for a relaxing stay in a quiet oasis with easy access to the bustling old town or the train station for a 50 minutes train ride (6 Euro fare) to Palermo. Without question we would stay there again should we return to Cefalu in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alberi Del Paradiso is an ancient manor house, surrounded by lush gardens with large swimming pool. It offers a free shuttle to its private beach and the historic centre of Cefalù.Offering free Wi-Fi and air conditioning, all rooms feature decorated tiled floors and classic wooden furniture. Some rooms overlook the gardens, and the rooms on the higher floors offer views of the sea.The property includes a wellness area with sauna and massage rooms. You can work out at the fitness centre or enjoy a game of tennis on the courts.The restaurant at Alberi Del Paradiso serves local Sicilian specialities, including Slow Food products for breakfast. During spring and summer meals are served in the garden.This elegant hotel is located on a hilltop overlooking the town and the sea, a 20-minute walk from the centre. The free parking is sheltered by solar panels. The shuttle runs frequently, times vary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Alberi Del Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alberi Del Paradiso Cefalu
- Alberi Del Paradiso Hotel
- Hotel Alberi Del Paradiso Cefalu, Sicily