3 people are viewing this hotel
$85
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$85
Priceline
$71
Hotels.com$85
eDreams$85
travelup.com$108
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2019

We visited Sicily, Cefalu in August 2019. Hotel Santa Lucia is solid 3+ hotel. It has everything what you need to have dissent stay. Hotel is fine. Hotel's position is on Cefalu promenade, but unfortunately is the furthest hotel from Cefalu town. It takes about 25 min walking from hotel to Cefalu. Hotel has a dissent pool, room cleaning service is very good. Reception is decent and people do speak English. Eating room is ok, and food is ok ish. Breakfast is very limited in choice and doesn't change much. Dinner and lunch are little bit better and there is a plenty of sea food but again not much variety in food, but I can't complain. Room are dissent size, my family of 4 (3 adults and child very comfortable in the room). For 3+ hotel really you can't complain. However what this hotel has is amazing grand santa lucia bar with local cuisines and fantastic coffee. Prices are reasonable: espresso 1 euro, cappuccino 2 euro, small bottle of water 1 euro, big bottle 2 euros, coca~cola 2 euros, amazing gelato 2 euros (you must try that ice-cream), sandwiches from 2-3 euros. Cross the hotel is well equipped supermarket. Hotel has pretty much all day entertainment, with team who are not that great, except they play very loud music for some reason and can be annoying. Hotel has own beach on promenade, but be aware it has ~130 stairs and about 15 minutes walk. You will get free umbrella and sunbeds, there is one poor shower and no toilet facilities or any cafe, For me this is unacceptable for hotel of this reputation. Really annoying. Overall this is fine hotel with relatively friendly staff, but hotel really need investment and come on you can do better with hotel's beach.
Beside hotel Cefalu is amazing place. If you are searching for little Sicily, please come you will not regret. There are fantastic beaches with amazing light blue sea, lovely restaurants, cafe, historical building, including famous cathedral, local gelato and granito shops..
We visited Etna as well, what amazing place, this is must seen. We visited Palermo, wow what experience. Palermo has everything. Take a tour with guide definitely. You need to learn about Palermo history to understand fully Sicily/ Palermo is another must seen. Enjoy local food and coffee.

Here you are some tips:
Ask for room in part of the building where is reception and of course please take sea side view room, you won't regret it.
You don't need to wake early to put your towels on pool sunbeds, but you need to do that if you want sunbeds on hotel's beach.
Wifi is almost acceptable, it is better if you are closer to cafe.
There is no hotel beach towels, so please take with you or you can buy in Cefalu for 10 euro each.
If you decide to go on any Cefalu beaches located on Cefalu promenade, please be aware that price for 2 sunbeds and umbrella are from 15 euro to 30 euro depending how close you are to the Cefalu town.

Room tip: Put towels for hotel beach before 9 am Wifi is bad No hotel beach towels. 2 beds/umbrella on local beaches are 15 - 30 euro
3  Thank Zoran V
Reviewed August 14, 2019

Just returned from holiday. Cefalu is amazing and we had brilliant time. Steps to the beach were not too bad, a bit of exercise, but agree with previous reviews, hotel and beach are not very accessible and its not mentioned anywhere. Food was ok, the bar had much nicer food. Very disappointed in staff's lack of english, apart from the reception. Rooms were nice and spacious, the hotel was very clean overall. The only thing that really annoyed me is that this is a family hotel, and its not advertised as such. Going as a couple is not a good idea, as the entertainment was making us suicidal. Probably nice hotel for families, bit they still need to work on the entertainment as I felt I was in Kellerman's resort in the 50's, minus Patrick Swayze lol.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slavica M
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

They use 400 plastic cups every single breakfast. Rooms were outdated, the guy at reception was rude, each beach towel costs €5 to wash, room air con was spotty, cost was high, etc, etc... if you can swing it spend the money on a tiny room and stay in the Cefalu old town. The beaches are much better there as well.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank bengL101FJ
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

I can honestly say the hotel is fine. You get what you pay for. Reading the one-star comments I don’t know if my wife and I got lucky but the food was actually pretty good (sometimes awesome), the waiters and other staff were at least nice (some excessively polite and helpful, some just fine, usually depending on the level of English) and the AC in our room was new, in working condition and a lifesaver.
Unfortunately that’s the end of the positive things I have to say.
The worst thing is the noise. The walls are paper-thin and even though the breakfast was till 9, we never slept past 7 because of screaming children, shouting adults (it’s not the hotel’s fault that people are inconsiderate and obnoxious but still) and also the maintenance staff literally moving furniture or having a conversation at the top of their lungs outside of our door.
The pool doesn’t require waterproof diapers for kids under two, so you know you’re swimming in pee. We skipped the pool.
The hotel beach is ok, but compared to beaches in Reserva Naturale Della Zingaro (3h away but worth it) they seem incomparably worse.
Also, I understand that the hotel is a business but it’s kind of awkward that too much is happening there: weddings, private parties and regular vacation stuff. Drunk people in suits and brides in wedding dresses and people in flip flops all living in questionable harmony. I can live with that but find it rather funny.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Hi I visited this hotel late June early July 2019. The hotel is a 30 min stroll to the town centre taxi fare is normally 10 euros but you can get a bus outside also but they are infrequent. Main income for the hotel is the piano bar used by all the locals and as a wedding venue I saw 4 in 1 week. The reception area is tired and so are the rooms and corridors to your room. The pool is a good size and one of its best features overlooking the mountains. 2 Trains run every hour but I didn’t think they was an issue with disturbance. The entertainment is poor and the animation team not much better 12 till 4 pm nothing happens it’s quiet. There’s a 100 step and small walk to their beach and you need to be early to get a bed there. The prices for food and drink are very competitive and although I won’t be returning I would recommend this hotel because of its price only to friends or family. If you had a better budget the sea palace is closer to the town and more plush. I flew with easy jet who book the rooms with hotel beds and they book with a third party agent who book the rooms with the hotel. I had to book a taxi to get there as they did no transfers. I have a contact number for the taxi driver that I will add in a separate review

Date of stay: July 2019