“A great 4 of 5”
Review of Hotel Kalura

Hotel Kalura
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cefalu
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were kindly greeted at this hotel and immediately found out that it is basically 100% german guests. With that out of the way, this hotel is in a very good location outside of the city of Cefalu. There is a quick bus you can take to the city center, but if you're looking for the city feel, this is not your spot. Hotel Kalura had a very nice private beach (concrete platform) which was incredibly relaxing. The natural rock formations contributed with an exotic feel. The restaraunt was very good for all three meals, which you'll likely dine at for all three. We took at 10 euro cab from the train station and a 10 euro cab to the center of the city. I won't stay here again, but I'd recommend it to any couples looking for a relaxing, quiet, and clean stay! The hotel stay was very friendly and always helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gio C

Reviewed September 26, 2013

For the price of this hotel I was expecting a lot more. We had an outdated and old fashioned room which looked nothing like the photo on the website. The room was poorly cleaned during our stay and they never changed the bed sheets. However the worst part of the room was the bed, it was terribly lumpy and so uncomfortable both me and my partner ended our stay with bad backs! Breakfast was average with poor quality produce and bad tasting coffee which considering we were in Italy was totally unacceptable. The best part of Hotel Kalura was the private beach which whilst it was concrete was beautiful with clear blue sea and a helfpul attendant to hand out sunbeds.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Kalura the final evening of a two week stay in Sicily. This was a splurge hotel for us and we were not disappointed. The hotel has a resort feel to it as it is just outside Cefalu central, and has all the amenities of a resort. The rooms are amazing, the private beach is perfect, and the dining room has a beautiful view of the sea. The staff is courteous, and speak very good English. I especially appreciated the free parking. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the beautiful city of Cefalu.

1  Thank BassoII
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location - Superb views - excellent staff (especially the 3 waiters during the day time) - lovely ambience - stylish pool area - secluded beach - fine sized rooms - good aircon.
JUST BOOK IT!!! You will not be disappointed.
Cefalu town has super restaurants, fine shops and some of the best Gelato in Sicily.

1  Thank lightfeather
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

A typical resort offering holidays in Cefalu. It is on its eastern part, a 30 min walk from the town. It enjoys a privileged access to a nice beach at Kalura bay. The facilities are a bit 80s. The rooms are basic, no thrills, a bit worn out. Poor breakfast (especially if you stay there several days). Nothing special.

1  Thank tomaszsm
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've just returned from a holiday in Sicily, where I spent my first 2 nights at this hotel in Cefalu. The hotel is beautiful and we were upgraded to a better room for free of charge. The room we were given was a family room which was clean and had the necessary facilities, my only slight criticism is that the air con did not seem powerful enough for the entire room. The hotel grounds are exceptional, with a perfect large swimming pool and some really breath taking views. I found the staff really helpful and cheery and the breakfast was amazing, with such a great choice of food.

I have travelled to a number of hotels in Europe, the US and Asia and can honestly say that this is one of the best and I will definitely return.

Access to the beach was a real positive for me as it gave me a chance to practice my snorkelling skills and was a nice way to end the day.

I found the staff really friendly especially Angelo the waiter, I only wish that we tried the food in the hotel as the vista was wonderful.

It is a walk into town and on a hot day it seemed quite a walk, but on our way back we got a taxi for €10.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stu26England
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel has excellent facilities and a good sized car park at the front. The main hotel is built on top of a rock outcrop and overlooks the bays in either direction. We stayed in a room called Lipari which is situated beneath the main hotel and off the steps down to the private beach. This location gave us a feeling of privacy and peace and quiet.
The room was very generous in size with a very large double bed in an area that could be separated from the rest of the room by a curtain. There was also a double sofa bed that could also be used. As well as the fridge there were two rings that could be used to heat food.
The bathroom was also very pleasing.
Breakfast was provided in the main part of the hotel with an option to sit outside on the terrace if you wanted to. All tastes were catered for on a buffet style but there were no shortages of food.
We walked into Cefalu each evening which took about 30 minutes. We would have hopped on a bus to return but the last one leaves Cefalu at 8.30 pm however there were no shortage of taxis that cost 10 euros.
The private beach was stunning for swimming with options to hire a canoe or scuba diving.
The only negative thing I can say is that at lunchtime the staff in the bar need some help as it takes far to long to get a drink or a snack.
We stayed for 3 nights and both felt sad to leave and wished we had booked longer at this hotel.

Room Tip: Lipari is excellent