“Still the best food in Cefalu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Trinacria

La Trinacria
Ranked #42 of 127 Restaurants in Cefalu
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Eloy, Arizona, United States
“Still the best food in Cefalu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We are coming back to Cefalu on April 6th for two weeks and will eat most of our meals at La Trinacria.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank LeRoy B

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Milton, Georgia
“Great light lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We took a day trip to Cefalu from Palermo and had time for a light snack at this bar/cafe. I wished I would sample more of the wines as there was quite an array. The snack was part of the tour and only consisted of prosciutto/fromage and crackers with a "taste" of wine and chocolate; but it was enough; and it was delicious. Scenic location with a few tables inside and a covered area across the street with incredible views of the lighthouse, sea, and village of Cefalu. If I return to the area, I will make time for a real meal.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank plantotravelmore
Brooklyn, New York
“Best Caponata Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was traveling alone and finding a place that has great food and makes you feel at home is important - La Trinacria was it for me. I ate there every night I was in Cefalu, trying to eat the whole menu! Everything was delicious! Salvatore and his son Antonio were warm and inviting hosts. They suggested wonderful local wines and made sure I knew what Leonardo had cooked up that day that wasn't on the menu. I ate outside (across the street) over looking the sea. At the end of each meal I would bring my empty wine glass across the street and into the kitchen to thank Leonardo for my meal. On my last night we all shared a toast to my stay. All that, and it was the Best Caponata I ever had!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Christopher R
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal, Best in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

A wonderful place for a taste of true, regional Sicilian food. La Trinacria is an enoteca that also serves delicious, freshly prepared food and I'd whole-heartedly recommend the place. The inside is beautiful - exposed brick, wooden shelves full of drinks, foods etc. There's also seating outside, on the cliffs over looking the sea. The staff were warm, friendly and welcoming. Sitting inside is magical - you can watch the food being prepared in the kitchen, and see exactly what goes into each dish. If you don't want to sit for a meal, you can buy all the wonderful ingredients and either prepare a tasty treat back at your apartment or a create a gourmet picnic. The wine and local alcohol selection is amazing. I can't wait to visit again.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank LondonEv
Felixstowe, England, United Kingdom
“Coffee pot & sweatshirt & hot chillies!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lovely little restaurant - romantic backdrop flanked by a lighthouse to the rear & situated next to the mediteranean coastline. Menu is stocked with a variety of culinary delights & this is not just restricted to merely Pizza or Pasta.
The owner - Salvatorie - is an exceptionally accomodating host, lending us anything from a coffee pot to the "shelter" of a sweatshirt - (we experienced a particularly excitable storm one eve)!!! He was always attentive to our request despite the language barrier, & he even provided us with some exceptionally hot chillies one one occasion!We would highly reccommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to try authentic sicilian cuizine rather than the 'touristyt' fare served up in many of the restaurants in Cefalu,its a five minute walk up the hill towards the new marina,well worth the short trek.,

• Visited September 2013