“Best Caponata Ever”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brooklyn, New York
“Best Caponata Ever”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was traveling alone and finding a place that has great food and makes you feel at home is important - La Trinacria was it for me. I ate there every night I was in Cefalu, trying to eat the whole menu! Everything was delicious! Salvatore and his son Antonio were warm and inviting hosts. They suggested wonderful local wines and made sure I knew what Leonardo had cooked up that day that wasn't on the menu. I ate outside (across the street) over looking the sea. At the end of each meal I would bring my empty wine glass across the street and into the kitchen to thank Leonardo for my meal. On my last night we all shared a toast to my stay. All that, and it was the Best Caponata I ever had!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Christopher R

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal, Best in Town”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A wonderful place for a taste of true, regional Sicilian food. La Trinacria is an enoteca that also serves delicious, freshly prepared food and I'd whole-heartedly recommend the place. The inside is beautiful - exposed brick, wooden shelves full of drinks, foods etc. There's also seating outside, on the cliffs over looking the sea. The staff were warm, friendly and welcoming. Sitting inside is magical - you can watch the food being prepared in the kitchen, and see exactly what goes into each dish. If you don't want to sit for a meal, you can buy all the wonderful ingredients and either prepare a tasty treat back at your apartment or a create a gourmet picnic. The wine and local alcohol selection is amazing. I can't wait to visit again.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank LondonEv
Felixstowe, England, United Kingdom
“Coffee pot & sweatshirt & hot chillies!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lovely little restaurant - romantic backdrop flanked by a lighthouse to the rear & situated next to the mediteranean coastline. Menu is stocked with a variety of culinary delights & this is not just restricted to merely Pizza or Pasta.
The owner - Salvatorie - is an exceptionally accomodating host, lending us anything from a coffee pot to the "shelter" of a sweatshirt - (we experienced a particularly excitable storm one eve)!!! He was always attentive to our request despite the language barrier, & he even provided us with some exceptionally hot chillies one one occasion!We would highly reccommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to try authentic sicilian cuizine rather than the 'touristyt' fare served up in many of the restaurants in Cefalu,its a five minute walk up the hill towards the new marina,well worth the short trek.,

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Lisa G
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Great view and good food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a gourmet food shop serving homemade food and a fantastic selection of wines. There are tables outside from which you can enjoy great views of the sea and sunset. The staff were friendly and patient with the kids. There are snacks and more elaborate pasta and meat dishes available, including some Sicilian classics such as caponata and pasta alla Norma. Our landlord advised us to go there as it is a favourite with locals, away from the touristic hub, being situated outside the town centre in the direction of the harbour.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Trippy2013
“Small restaurant - good food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

After being disappointed with standard of food in the tourist restaurants we came across this small but really nice family restaurant with home cooking. It had a basic menu but it was all delicious local food and reasonably priced. Try the frittedda - its a nice local dish. Sea view from outside tables.

• Visited May 2013