“Great views and food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Dined here three times during our fortnight in Cefalu, each time the food, service and atmosphere were excellent. The service was prompt and always polite on each visit. All of the food tried was good value and tasted excellent. The restaurant was busy at all times especially at sunset which you see brilliantly from this excellent restaurant.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The view was great. The service was prompt. My girlfriend ordered a vegetarian pizza and they delivered something with ham on it. No biggie. The replacement pizza was all veggies and she liked it till she plucked a shard of hard plastic from her mouth. A waiter was standing beside her so she showed it to him immediately. Much waiting ensued. She worried it was glass and more of it was in her stomach. She was nearly in tears. The way the restaurant handled it was extremely unnerving. I went into the kitchen area asking for an explanation. I was told they theorized that some plastic was in the wood that they fueled the stove with and it exploded somehow, landing on the pizza. The was no assurance that she hadn't ingested more of it. Eventually I was waved back into the kitchen area where I was shown a broken piece of Tupperware with a triangle of plastic missing. I worried perhaps they'd chiseled out the piece to quiet me. I brought my girlfriend back to the kitchen to ease her mind anyway. When we returned to our table the wine she was drinking was gone and the table had been bussed. Clearly they wanted to get us out of there. I paid. The pizza wasn't on the bill. It was such a lousy experience I thought they should comp the meal just to silence me. I guess that's an American way of thinking though. The waiter noted proudly that they didn't charge us for the indelible and possibly deadly pizza. I said to the maitre de that it was odd that I should pay for such a bad experience since my girlfriend would be up worrying all night about this. He offered me free lunch the next day. Of course I could never get her to go back there. I wondered if the locals are always so reluctant to comp a meal, or did they just think our experience didn't matter since we are tourists and likely won't return anyway.

1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been to this restaurant 4 years ago, and knew the views and food were good. However this place was better than we had remembered. The food was absolutely fantastic. There are a couple of solemn waiters - but I think that is just because they are busy. We would return here anyday.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

A friend recommended Kentia and we were not disappointed. We were seated on the patio, about 30 minutes before sunset and enjoyed a superb meal. Owner NIcola was very helpful and attentive. Food quality was good and wine recommendations were on target. On a second visit the service was a little slower but the overall experience was still great. The best restaurant we ate in in Cefalu.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ate at Ristorante Kentia with 3 other members of our Rick Steves Sicily tour. This restaurant was recommended to us by our tour guide over two other restaurants in the area. The food was excellent, but slightly pricey. I thought the service was a little slow even by Italian standards. There is both indoor and outdoor seating available, we ate inside.