“Bad service & quality”

Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 65 Cefalu B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed in this B&B two nights in September 2012. Or should we say "B", because it appeared no breakfast was included here. On the website, the B&B claims to be luxurious, however, we doubt so given the extremely poor quality of the beds (the mattresses are hard) and the shower. Because it was a part of our honeymoon trip, we decided to book a more luxurious room, a larger with nice paintings on the ceiling. However, when we arrived in our room, it appeared they gave us a much smaller, worse, and cheaper room than booked. Worst of all, they didn't inform us about this at the reception. So we decided to confront them with this mistake, and they apologized for that. However, they could not give us the room we booked, and they expected us to accept the situation. We finally accepted a somewhat satisfying deal that we had to suggest ourselves. However, only a few hours later, the reception lady informed us that we still had to pay a "city tax" (not mentioned on the website nor in any of the e-mails). It is a tax of only 0,50 per person per day, but it's more of a principle question.

In general, the hotel is at a good location with a nice view. However, if you opt for a B&B with more quality and luxury, I suggest to search for a different accommodation.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bartme
Massimo P, Manager at Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

dear client

thanks for this review,
I will try to aswer and give you the answer to your complain becasue I think is very important that everyone knows about it

1) you book a room no breakfast include
2) our accommodation is a bed and breakfast and not an HOTEL 3-4 Stars , in italy bed and breakfast mean room in the owner house ,so you cannot think to find 5 star hotel
3) anyway I want tell you that our bed and breakfast is nice , clean and the shower big enough , in our please you get for what you pay 100% . My advise if you want to spend a special night I suggest to book a 4-5 stars hotel , of course you will get something nice but the price wll change too
4) about the city tax , we recevie this information by the city hall fews week ago and we sent an email to everyone I suppose you did not read it

thanks for your review and suggestion we will learn from this, i hope you can learn too from our suggestion I wish you all the best , thanks again to visit my town .

massimo

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nice enough and ok value. Nice location and nice people. If I could, I would suggest they buy new beds- it sinks in the middle and feels a bit 'springy' but apart from that no complaints. It was clean and had aircon that worked- totally appreciated:)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had a wonderful time.
Accommodation was excellent and staff were most helpful.
This was our second stay here and we will certainly return here again.
We were fortunate on both occasions to have the room called 'Rosa' which has a double bed on a mezzanine and asingle room just off the main sitting and dining area and also has two small balconies which overlook the cathedral square. My wife loved watching the weddings and the passing show.

Room Tip: Ask for the room called 'Rosa' for the best view off the cathedral.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This comfortable B&B pulled out all the stops and made me and my family feel very welcome. We stayed in a standard room with nice furniture but we hardly stayed in because we just wanted to explore Cefalu. The staff helped me plan a trip to Taormina and I wanted to see the islands but we ran of time. Cefalu has a wonderful array of restaurants, pizzeria’s and bars where you can enjoy a hand-made gelato or a refreshing Sicilian granita. I highly recommend this B&B, the location is perfect. I will be back next year and next time I will check out the islands too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for five nights in a quiet apartment around the corner from the B&B in Via Porto Salvo. The apartment was spacious, cool (very important when it's 38 degrees outside), spotlessly clean and well equipped. The accommodation suited our needs perfectly for the duration of our stay and when we visit Cefalu again; which we will - we will book the same apartment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this B & B for 3 nights and had a wonderful stay. We had an apartment in the street via Mandralisca. It was a really nice apartment with a terrace facing the cathedral - beautiful. The bedroom was big and spacoius - high ceiling - and the kitchen ok, equipped with what you need for eating breakfast and lunch. It was a short walk to the beach and lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Massimo P, Manager at Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Helene

thanks a lot for your nice review ! we are very happy to hear you had a good time
thanks
massimo

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Disgusting. When we arrived they told us that they did not know anything about our reservation (even if we had the bookers confirmation) and they offered us other hotel much more expensive and much farther from the city center. We felt terribly cheated.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Javier T
Massimo P, General Manager at Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Javier

thanks for this review, I am sorry to hear about this problem
we would like if you can tell people that your reservation has never arrive in our reception
I dont know where did you booked and if you book ! we did not have your reservation but we find a place for you to sleep for the night , so I think we are not bad but good people , we advise to be carefuel and keep always the booking confirmation or try to contact the hotel fews days before to confirm alway the booking . Some time in internet we can be victim of frauds

anyway I wish all the best and I still apoligize if our service was eccellent . we try to offer it but to people that has a regular booking.
thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cefalu
Hotel Alberi Del Paradiso
#4 of 36 in Cefalu
Hotel Mediterraneo
Hotel Mediterraneo
#16 of 36 in Cefalu

Been to Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!