“Accomodation problems”

Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 64 Cefalu B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Disgusting. When we arrived they told us that they did not know anything about our reservation (even if we had the bookers confirmation) and they offered us other hotel much more expensive and much farther from the city center. We felt terribly cheated.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Javier T
Massimo P, General Manager at Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Javier

thanks for this review, I am sorry to hear about this problem
we would like if you can tell people that your reservation has never arrive in our reception
I dont know where did you booked and if you book ! we did not have your reservation but we find a place for you to sleep for the night , so I think we are not bad but good people , we advise to be carefuel and keep always the booking confirmation or try to contact the hotel fews days before to confirm alway the booking . Some time in internet we can be victim of frauds

anyway I wish all the best and I still apoligize if our service was eccellent . we try to offer it but to people that has a regular booking.
thanks

Reviewed August 7, 2012

They told us as soon as we got there, that there was no booking in our names becouse they havent received any confirmation from Hostelbookers. So try to book. You´ll may get a room or not.
But I´d rather booking in any other place, just in case, as it was our case, you´ll waste half a day complaining and having to change your luggage to any other place and then end expending 50 euros more than yo expected.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ricines
Massimo P, Manager at Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

>Dear client

last year we close our contract with Hostelbookers , now we only work direct or by BOOKING.COM only, we did not know about your reservation.
how you can aspect from us to give a service for a booking that we dont know???
you dont need to write a bad review to us , but you should say: thanks for the service anyway we gave you .
I will write a formal complain to Hostelbookers and I hope you will do the some
we make hundred bookings BY BOOKING.COM and we never have this problems

it is not right to write to the pubblic for mistake that we never made!! it is diffucul to try and keep a good service and collect good review

next time before arrive to other hotels please contact the reception and confirm your booking
anyway I wish you the best ! and thanks for visiting our beautiful town.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We spent 9 nights in the month of july 2012 at the following rooms: Palazzo
Villelmi, 4 nights at the Triple Room 2, B & B (good room, fantastic roof terrasse in common
with other guests, friendliest Breakfast-Team;5 nights at the appartement Terrazza
Ruggero, perfect place with an unbelievable private Terrasse, with
maybe the best view of the whole town..) Perfect transfer service from and
to the airport of Palermo, and last, but not least Elisabetta from the desk,
she's incredibly friendly and has always an open ear for all the needs of
the customers.

Elisabeth and Daniel from Bern/Switzerland

Grazie per tutto!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, or even for the appartement "Terrazza Ruggero" with the pri...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We booked and recieved a confirmation on a room with a balcony in a b&b with a roof terrace. The roof and the balcony were the reasons we booked the place. We were given a room with no balcony, in a completely different location with no terrace, and the staff blamed the booking service for this. Although, in all fairness, they did apologize in the end.

Apart from that, the room was nice and clean (although the wifi only worked first night), and the spot is centric and everything is within walking distance. And Cefalu itself is absolutely worth a visit.

But I'd rather choose another b&b if I go there again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kosmikomiko
Massimo P, Manager at Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Client

I am sorry for this mistake and I personal apologize for this missing understand
I want offer you a stay in our place again for future .
I will personal take care about you...
we deal with thousands of clients and sometimes happens but this will be not an excuse for us
I am still sorry , anytime you come back in Cefalu , will be my pleasure to invite you
Massimo

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I booked a double room for single use for a week-long stay in Cefalu well in advance of my trip. When I arrived to check-in I was told that no 'proper staff' were available and was advised they wouldn't be for a couple of hours. The girl who was on hand took my passport and walked me to what would be my room - out onto the street, down a side road and up some horrible concrete stairs. The door was not very secure, and neither were any of the windows (even a child could have broken into the room with minimal effort). When I queried the size of the room I was told that I had been allocated an apartment as they were overbooked. The furniture was old, tired and frankly, vile. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat one and it was evident I wouldn't be safe nor comfortable. Likewise, the outside noise was loud and unrelenting. Having waited for 'proper staff' to return, when I expressed my concerns I was dealt with incredibly poorly and threatened with being charged for the whole duration of my booking even if I didn't stay. I would advise anyone to avoid this place - horrible doesn't even begin to cover it, there are so many nicer, cleaner and safer places to stay in Cefalu - don't ruin your holiday by booking in here!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tappytastic

Dear client

thanks for your review.
I will not write you a poem but I will write the realy story:
1) the room you booked that we gave you , you did not like
2) while we were going to give you another room , my staff propose you another place where you can leave the bagagge ,have a shower, use the toilette and in the afternoon we were ready to offer you another nice double room instead than a single

your answer has been bad , you did not be nice with the staff , I dont want use other terms because I am write in a pubblic website.
of course I am not saying that we are right , but if you were more calm and give us the opportunity to offer you the nice room in the afteroon , this problem wasn't a problem
we are a bed and breakfast and not a 5 stars hotels , we try to learn from mistake but sometimes is not easy to deal with poeple that dont try to listen ,
anyway I give you my apologize and I will invite you again to come in Cefalu in my B&B I will personal take care about you .

many thanks
Massimo

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at one of the apartments at Palazzo Villelmi. Initially a room was booked but we were given an upgrade to an apartment. We cannot fault anything with the service, location or staff - thanks Elisabetta. We didn't try the breakfast so cannot comment. We are not normally a romantic couple but somehow Cefalu, Sicily, our surroundings and our wonderful apartment made sparks fly!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were given the best apartment right opposite the Duomo on the square which allowed for a lot of people watching, espressos and cakes/ice creams. What a wonderful place. We loved it - family of 6, all accommodated perfectly with lovely helpful staff. Hope we will go back one day - it was just perfect for four days.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the lovely apartments or rooms with the terrace and view of the Duomo
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cefalu
Artemis Hotel
#34 of 64 in Cefalu
Palazzo Raho
Palazzo Raho
#3 of 64 in Cefalu

Been to Palazzo Villelmi Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!