“The English Countryside at its best.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Vine

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanton
The Vine
Ranked #2 of 3 Stanton B&B and Inns
London UK
“The English Countryside at its best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you are looking for a comfortable B&B in Gloucestershire then look no further than the Vine. From the four poster bed to the whiskey porridge breakfast, The Vine is an experience. I was up for the Cheltenham Festival of Racing, and having such a comfortable, friendly and stunning place to stay, made my whole trip.
The village it is set in is made up of limestone buildings from the 16th century. The pub at the other end of the village has the most amazing view across to Wales. There is even a market cross with a sun dial at its top.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ViciousBoy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

One of the prettiest villages in Cotswolds. Warm and friendly family run business. I would highly recommend trying the horse riding which is just 5 mins walk from the house for either complete beginners or experienced riders. The B&B is situated in 16th century building with all the period features (oak beams and log fires)

Room Tip: Attic room has its own stand alone Victorian bath
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ravi A
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here with my husband in late August/early September 2013. The Vine is like something out of a storybook - absolutely THE place you want to stay in the Cotswolds. We were in the attic room, which is very spacious and is the only ensuite room in the house. Any horse fanatic (like me) will adore the equestrian decor throughout The Vine. I also enjoyed listening to the frequent clip clopping of hooves outside our windows. Sally's breakfasts were delicious, and both she and Sarah Jane gave my husband and I excellent advice on things to see and do in the area.

The highlight of staying here was riding at the equestrian centre just down the road. They have many fantastic horses to ride, wonderful facilities, and offer both lessons and hacks through the picturesque Cotswold countryside. I learned so much during my lessons from Anne, Charlotte, and Jill Carenza (the owner). I rode Symphony for a couple of jumping lessons and a side saddle lesson and rode Red for a private 2 hour hack through the countryside and an exhilarating lesson in the showjumping field. I definitely want to return and would recommend this amazing place to anyone (especially equestrians)!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HorseCastleLover
Cotswolds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and i have stayed at the Vine on previous occasions and have had a consistent warm welcome. Not sure where the last person stayed but not here in my opinion.
This place exudes charm of a true English style B&B, cosy log fires, sumptuous breakfasts, excellent Cotswold location, laid back atmosphere and finally an escape from the city to let your senses function as they should.
There are double and twin rooms available and a 'attic' with a proper bath tub.Rooms are adequate and tastefully furnished in character to the house and surroundings.
The owner also provides horse riding should it be required. There are also plenty of varied walks for all. The local pub 'The Mount' provides evening meals with fantastic views across to the Malverns and beyond.

Room Tip: Try the whisky porridge
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DiaryQueen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I recently traveled to The Cotswolds with my family and stayed at The Vine - we had the best time! The breakfast, the people, the rooms everything was just great. We received the warmest welcome and we checked in late!! - we got stuck in traffic and turned up at 11pm and were still greeted like old friends! My children were asleep in the car tired from the journey, the lady that saw us in was so helpful she carried our bags as we carried the children, the room was lovely so cosy and the fire was till going so my husband and I put the kids to bed and then sat by the fire with a glass of wine - couldn't have been a better end to a tiring journey with restless children. We loved this place it was a home from home and the people were just so kind and helpful. They even got the kids Pepper pig yogurts for and extra treat at breakfast nice touch..it went down well - we will definitely return!

Room Tip: really comfortable a lovely vintage house experience - we stayed in the family room which was perfec...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have now been back to The Vine for our fourth time and it has been a consistently great experience! We were originally recommended the place by friends who enjoy the horse riding facilities - not being horsey people we weren't sure if they catered for simple travelers like ourselves - we are addicted!!! Stanton is beautiful and our stays at The Vine have been lovely the staff are always friendly and welcome you like long lost friends - the breakfast is second to none and huge!! Fresh fruit, massive full english. The open fire is always roaring and it seems they can't do enough for you! We have now stayed in most of the rooms and love the attic and also the super size double beds on the lower floor. We had our first riding lesson today and though a bit stiff now - loved the amazing countryside, so beautiful! we are set to return with a group of friends for New Years Eve and can't wait! Happy camper! :)

Room Tip: every room is different if you're tall The attic is fine but not if you're extra tall - The...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ghandi35
Montpellier, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Jill and Family do a great job of turning out the horses for a fantastic day in the saddle - be it hunting, hacking or a lesson in the equestrian centre, they are tip top professionals and won't be bettered anywhere. The B&B on the other hand is a less pleasant experience which I will never again repeat. The room felt very dirty everywhere and had a very off-putting shower stuck in the corner with a basin in another part. All filthy and with the carpet getting wet every single day, the musty smell is disgusting. The entire house takes the "charming country house" to the limit as the dirt, smell and animals are overpowering. The lady who did the breakfast was simply charming and a wonderful host. Every other staff/family member I met gave me the impression I was getting in the way - and believe me, this would have been hard as I spent as little time as possible in there!! Never again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanton
Noel Arms Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,085 reviews
The Slaughters Manor House
The Slaughters Manor House
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to The Vine? Share your experiences!